Do Associations Stifle Dissenting Opinions?

Originally posted by Darren

Originally posted by Lewis Capaul

You and Cookie are better off now, my bet is still that you will both be members again within a few months (days).

Lewis (and Raymond),

You guys seemed well versed in the Nachi 'drama'. Tell us why people who leave that organization (forced out or otherwise) seem to go back. There must be something over there that draws them back!

Darren

www.aboutthehouseinspections.com

I have no idea why anyone would go back to Nick's Club once they had left for what ever reason. Me I was kicked out for being disagreeable, argumentative, and non=supportive of Nachi policies and programs, really it was for posting and link on another inspectors message board that embarrassed the Nachi Great Ones, the reason they gave for kicking me out was one of the very few things I ever agreed with them about.

Nick offered me two years free membership to come back, I asked him why would I do that, seeing as I wouldn't last two days if I did seeing as my opinions of his marketing scams like CMI and the policies and hypocrisy of his appointed leaders wouldn't change. I worked pretty hard to get kicked out and it took me longer accomplish than I'd bet on.

s far as why would someone rejoin the circus over there, you'd have to ask Ray or one of those who have done so in the past, most of the inspectors I know who have left, either by letting their membership expire or being kicked out have not rejoined, one who was kicked out got his membership reinstated and then quit. I think some allow Nick to lour them back because it makes them feel needed and important, at least that's my opinion.

There seems to be three individuals who have left Nachi over this last feeding frenzy, all of them previously great Nick, Nachi, CM supporters, my bet is still that all three will be members again within a year.

ding ding ding Daily Double!!

"You are in second place. Les is $14,000 ahead of you."

"ok, for $385.00" - "This person created a trade association in the late 90's that has become the largest in the universe"

"No, I'm sorry it is not Ron Paul. Too bad, Les wins!"

Originally posted by Les

ding ding ding Daily Double!!

"You are in second place. Les is $14,000 ahead of you."

"ok, for $385.00" - "This person created a trade association in the late 90's that has become the largest in the universe"

"No, I'm sorry it is not Ron Paul. Too bad, Les wins!"

Well, it's not interNACHI either. The largest inspection association in the world is, and has been for a few hundred years, the Royal Insistute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS). All of the association members in all of the inspection associations in the US and Canada put together wouldn't make a pimple on RICS's butt.

OT - OF!!!

M.

You will be happy to learn that as of tonite at approximately 8:30 pm est the infamous Nick Gromicko has had all my posts pulled along with one other former member, and has blocked my access.

Well so much for the defence of free speech and right to access as so often claimed by the great leader!

Guess Nick and posse don't like being questioned by those who recognize what goes on.

This whole thread seems to be going nowhere fast, has nothing new or of interest or educational value, and is only serving as rather smelly bait that might eventually lure the truly obnoxious into our midst for a bout of schoolyard name calling.

Fortunately, I don't often feel the need to wield my moderator's stick in this forum, and usually resist when I do. Hell, I'm reluctant to do so even now because some will whine or even accuse me of bias (for the record; I'm not in anyone's damn club). BUT...I know I was asked to moderate in order to keep this particular section reasonably civil and I'd be neglecting my duties to just ignore it.

So...would any of our "constructive" regulars really mind if I deleted this whole mess before it degenerates further? Or at least locked it?

Raymond,

You missed a point of my earlier post, which was to say, in a roundabout way, that we're happy to have you here, but we really don't give two fairy farts what they're doing over on the NACHI forum, and we certainly don't need that soap opera coming over here.

Yes, some of the associations will stifle dissenting opinions on their message boards - exactly the same as a newspaper editor will not post every single nasty letter to the editor he or she receives. That's nothing new, because there is no such thing as "free speech" in private conversations. The only place that "free speech" applies is when the government tries to stifle what private citizens say and it's primarily aimed at ensuring that citizens have a right to speak out against what they perceive as unfair governance.

There's nothing that says anyone who is not in the government cannot prohibit someone else from saying certain things unless it's related to governance. Bosses fire folks all the time for speaking bad about them in their businesses and the content on televisions, radios, newspapers and books is edited constantly.

It isn't a question of "free speech" at all - it's a question of rules. Break the rules, and you end up being deleted. We have the same rules here. One of ours is we try to avoid repetitious posts that constantly say the same thing over and over or lead to bashing. If you read the forum rules, you'll note that.

I quit both NAHI and ASHI over things that I felt strongly about - I don't spend every day over here re-hashing those decisions I made; that's in the past. If you were wrongfully terminated by interNACHI, that is a matter between you and interNACHI. Venting about it here one or two times is OK, I suppose, but nothing we say here really has any effect on the decision of those in power over there. The best thing you can do at this point is put that whole experience behind you, forget about them, and go on with your life. We have a good solid family of technically proficient folks here who are here to help answer questions. Embrace that and forget the NACHI nonsense.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Originally posted by Richard Moore

This whole thread seems to be going nowhere fast, has nothing new or of interest or educational value, and is only serving as rather smelly bait that might eventually lure the truly obnoxious into our midst for a bout of schoolyard name calling.

As much as I enjoy anyone highlighting Nik's true colors, I must agree with your assessment of this thread, and the likely outcome.

So...would any of our "constructive" regulars really mind if I deleted this whole mess before it degenerates further? Or at least locked it?

Either is fine by me.

Brian G.

Smelly Bait Indeed [:-yuck]