PDF Converter

Originally posted by qhinspect

Originally posted by admin

I like the Neevia converter. For Microsoft Word users... it maintains the TOC links, hyperlinks, references, footnote and endnote links, bookmarks, and the document map in your pdf. It also has all of the security features.

It's not free.

Michael

I downloaded the trial version and so far very nice. pdaFactory is much faster when it comes to coverting but this software has some nice features. I'm going to look into this software some more.

I've tried pdffactory and 995 and they didn't convert links very well.

Originally posted by Jim Katen

Will any of these converters preserve form fields in a MS Word 2003 document?

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Are you talking about the ability to type your new info into the form each time instead of hand writing it on the printed form? I don't see that ability with Open Office, and I don't imagine that any of the free applications will have that. I am interested too.

I have used 995 for awhile. It's free and I have no complaints. It works fine for my business.

From a non-business stand point, I could use something cheap which can easily add more pages to an existing pdf.

I run a basketball program for my district and I scan all the registrations by grade and team so I have everything on file. Kids are always signing up late and I can't add pages to an existing file without re-scanning everything.

My niece and her fiancee put together our web site. I think they did a good job. Anyone interested can check it out: http://nsnssports.org/

Originally posted by Mike Lamb

I run a basketball program for my district and I scan all the registrations by grade and team so I have everything on file. Kids are always signing up late and I can't add pages to an existing file without re-scanning everything.

Ever try Turbostats? I use their software for softball, and I've found it wondrous.

www.turbostats.com

WJ

- Jim Katen, Oregon

You can save the doc with the form fields, but when the user saves a filled out pdf he will lose the the filled out information unless he has acrobat (not the reader) on his computer. I wish it was another way also. As far as i know that is how it works.

Michael Brown

I have used 995 for awhile. It's free and I have no complaints. It works fine for my business.

From a non-business stand point, I could use something cheap which can easily add more pages to an existing pdf.

The Neevia converter with append extra pages to an existing pdf.

Michael Brown

Originally posted by Jeremy

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Are you talking about the ability to type your new info into the form each time instead of hand writing it on the printed form? I don't see that ability with Open Office, and I don't imagine that any of the free applications will have that. I am interested too.

Yes, exactly. I have a Word document that contains form fields. I'd like to convert that document to PDF and preserve the forms fields so that others can fill in the forms. I know that there are programs such as Acrobat that will allow me to insert form fields in a PDF document, but I'm looking for one that will convert the existing fields.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Yes, exactly. I have a Word document that contains form fields. I'd like to convert that document to PDF and preserve the forms fields so that others can fill in the forms. I know that there are programs such as Acrobat that will allow me to insert form fields in a PDF document, but I'm looking for one that will convert the existing fields.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

The Neevia converter will do it. I had to add an item to the dropdown with a bunch of empty spaces and move it to the top to set the width of the field, other wise it works fine.

Here is a sample:

Download Attachment: icon_adobe.gif justatest.pdf

14.73 KB

Michael Brown

Originally posted by SonOfSwamp

Ever try Turbostats? I use their software for softball, and I've found it wondrous.

www.turbostats.com

WJ

Turbostats is too turbo for what I do with my bball kids. One of my daughters does softball, 14U. I believe she will down your way, WJ, in Chatanooga for a fastpitch tourney in July.

Neevia sounds pretty good, Mike. $19 isn't too steep for what you get.

Originally posted by admin

- Jim Katen, Oregon

The Neevia converter will do it. I had to add an item to the dropdown with a bunch of empty spaces and move it to the top to set the width of the field, other wise it works fine.

Here is a sample:

Download Attachment: icon_adobe.gif justatest.pdf

14.73 KB

Michael Brown

Yes but without the ability to save the filled out form (or at least print it to another pdf) it's of no value to me. I might as well just use a locked version of the Word form.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Yes but without the ability to save the filled out form (or at least print it to another pdf) it's of no value to me. I might as well just use a locked version of the Word form.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Ya, that's lame I agree... but it's on the users end and because they only have the reader there is no way to save, you can only print it.

The locked version of a Word form works pretty good except they can't use spell check in the textboxes after it's locked, if I remember correctly.

Michael