PDF Converter

I have used pdf995 since 2002.

2 things:

If you find the page numbers get screwed up (1 of 1, 2 of 2, 3 of 3, etc) turning off background printing solves it.

When selecting pdf995 as the printer, I always click the properties tab, then advanced, and change the "use substitute font" to "download as softfont". This stops any weird reformatting due to font problems on the client's computer.

Other than that, no issues at all. Pay the $9.95!!!

Originally posted by admin

I like the Neevia converter. For Microsoft Word users... it maintains the TOC links, hyperlinks, references, footnote and endnote links, bookmarks, and the document map in your pdf. It also has all of the security features.

It's not free.

Michael

Sounds great but $400 is rather steep.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Originally posted by Jim Katen

I like the Neevia converter. For Microsoft Word users... it maintains the TOC links, hyperlinks, references, footnote and endnote links, bookmarks, and the document map in your pdf. It also has all of the security features.

It's not free.

Michael

Sounds great but $400 is rather steep.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

You were looking at the wrong product "Document Converter Pro" it even does AUTOCAD and you name it...

The one we use is the DP60PRO - Neevia docuPrinter Pro v6.0 - $49

We bought 100 licenses a while back for around $600.00 it looks like it has gone up a bit.

They have a light version as well for $19 (probably doesn't have the encryption?)

Michael

Originally posted by dcmeagle

Originally posted by Jeremy

Has anyone tried Open Office?

I've installed it on over 500 computers at a High School I consult at (used to teach and run their computers). It's all I run on my machines, I don't own MS Office.

I believe this is a free one too.

It's not free.

Michael

I downloaded the trial version and so far very nice. pdaFactory is much faster when it comes to coverting but this software has some nice features. I'm going to look into this software some more.