Fenix TK11

kurt

I see that ACE hardware has an after Thanksgiving Dat sale on 2 D-Cell LED maglights for $9.99 each. They are identical to the one that I got from EBPHI; and, since that light does the job very well - I don't have a need to create sunlight where there isn't any - I'll probably pick up a few. They'll probably tide me over until I'm too old to do this stuff anymore.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

No, no, no. You must have *more* light.

A home inspector isn't properly equipped until his flashlight can ignite the sails of a ship at sea a mile away.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Curmudgeons corner there......

Mr. O finally gets a camera but he's drawing the line at the thing that allows him to see the stuff that he should be taking pictures of.

C'mon, get a decent light. If Kibbel found a little religion, anyone can.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[Hmmm,

I see that ACE hardware has an after Thanksgiving Dat sale on 2 D-Cell LED maglights for $9.99 each. They are identical to the one that I got from EBPHI; and, since that light does the job very well - I don't have a need to create sunlight where there isn't any - I'll probably pick up a few. They'll probably tide me over until I'm too old to do this stuff anymore.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Put down the flint and steel, I'll send you my old carbide lantern.

I've had my TK-11 for over two years now, bought three batteries (Tenergy 18650 3.7V) and a double charger. I put a fresh battery in each day before I leave the home, the other two batteries are in the charger. I have a big old Mag in the tool bag for clients to use but I've never run the battery too low on the Fenix. Only problem I've had was wearing out the belt pouch that came with it.

I wore out the belt pouch too. The velcro wore away and the flap wouldn't stay closed. I found a good sized AWP pouch at Lowes. It comes with a sewn in belt loop and a metal belt clip. I chiseled the metal clip off. The pouch works great and I got a second one for mini vice grips and another smaller one for my multi screwdriver.

Click to Enlarge
tn_20101125233447_P1090830.jpg

61.6 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_20101125233524_P1090832.jpg

63.37 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_20101125233550_P1090834.jpg

61.32 KB

• 2 weeks later...