rusted case = CO in the crawl

CheckItOut

Found this today....

I am still not sure how it ever worked unless some parts are missing. It has an internal pipe that ends about 4" on the other side of the rust hole. Then several inches over, is the flue pipe ducted to the outdoors. There is nothing on the bottom below these pipes and there is a large open chamber, if you will, with no seals surrounding this area (top and sides). It is almost like an "S" pipe is missing but I don't know.

Just thought I'd share this as an FYI. Home owner has been instructed not to use it.

Click to Enlarge
tn_2009921212449_9-21-09%20015%20(Large).jpg

48.35 KB

Almost all the homes I inspect have nice, full basements. I like that.

This one was not bad. The entry hole was at least 10" tall and some of the crawl was up to 30" high. Some only 16" though. That is why I stay thin.

I think I'd have to follow Randy's lead and charge extra for a crawl like that.

Tom

Charge extra? I'd knock some off. I wish the crawl spaces around here were that nice. Most have to be dug out to crawl in, otherwise you might get your head in.

Also, seen a king snake about 2' long the other day on a crawlspace to small to fit in (8" tall by 16" wide). How do you approach this?

I have heard in my area (now NE Oklahoma) the King snake is no longer natural enemies with copperheads or rattlers, and they are beginning to breed. (Will be black with black markings, very hard to make out at times, sometimes deadly, sometimes not)

Almost all the homes I inspect have nice, full basements. I like that.

This one was not bad. The entry hole was at least 10" tall and some of the crawl was up to 30" high. Some only 16" though. That is why I stay thin.

I think I'd have to follow Randy's lead and charge extra for a crawl like that.

Tom

Charge extra? I'd knock some off. I wish the crawl spaces around here were that nice. Most have to be dug out to crawl in, otherwise you might get your head in.

Also, seen a king snake about 2' long the other day on a crawlspace to small to fit in (8" tall by 16" wide). How do you approach this?

I have heard in my area (now NE Oklahoma) the King snake is no longer natural enemies with copperheads or rattlers, and they are beginning to breed. (Will be black with black markings, very hard to make out at times, sometimes deadly, sometimes not)

Report it as inaccessible due to hatch size and exclude everything in there beyond what you can clearly see from the hatch. I think the snake thing is a myth.

OT - OF!!!

M.