Anyone else having trouble with their Fenix?

A while back, my TK11 quit working on the "low" setting, so I just switched to running it on "high" full time. Yesterday, it would only work if I tapped the head every once in a while. I know there's a poor connection or something loose, but am hesitant to take it apart out of fear it will quit working all together........I can't temporarily go back to a Mag since I've lost all of my muscle mass it requires to hold that thing.

I tried to look up the issue on CPF, but get this:

CPF is closed at this time for major renovations.

Please click HERE for further information.

We'll be back as soon as possible.

~Greta

Hi Kurt,

Are you talking about the on/ off switch on the tailpiece? If so, how would that affect the high/ low settings, and then make it to where the head must be tapped on to get full power? At times I have to hit it once for a lower power, and then twice (harder) for the higher power.

I'll have to check the batteries for dimples....

I carry a spare, and like them so much, I'm thinking of picking up a couple more.

What vendor? That's a great price.

Yeah, the button on the tailpiece. I misspoke. I wasn't saying that's your issue, I was just saying that's the only problem I've had after over a year of heavy use.

Same here with the switch acting up. I was going to post soemthing about it. My big complaint with FENIX is that you cannot purchase spare parts. I had to go back-n-forth with the manufacturer in China for weeks trying to buy the rubber cap that goes over the switch. It was not until I got rude that they finally sent an e-mail to thire US distributer who sent me a rubber cap for free. I looked online trying to find a replacement switch, but have been unsuccessful. I love the flashlight, but don't want to have to spend $100 bucks for a new one every time a $5 part fails. Now for $49 and I'll stock up.

• 2 weeks later...

Since this topic has come back up......

Man, this is really hard to say but, I "fixed" my Fenix by taking the head off and giving it a good cleaning..[:-paperba

My Ebay purchase arrived the other day, so now I've got 3 perfectly functioning TK's [:-thumbu]

Knife from Serbia?,

I don't think you can go wrong with a Fenix, but if you really want some info. about a particular light, then go to the Candlepower Forum and do a search or query there.

Don't feel bad, I've inadvertently fixed a lot of things by "laying on the hands". First instinct is to send it for repair. Second is to throw it out. Then I lose patience and start taking it apart. Failing to figure out what's wrong I put it back together, and it works. Special powers? Utter incompetence? Not sure....

Reuben,

Fenix has a 2 year warranty. After the 2 years are up, all you have to do is mail it back and they will fix it for the cost of parts only. That is at least according to the paperwork that came with my new Fenix.

I have no idea how much the parts will cost, nor do I know if you have to ship it back to China for repairs. If you're curious, I can check my paperwork.

I'm looking into "Olights".....they're similar to the Fenix designs, I just wonder if they're a little better on the parts.

http://www.amazon.com/Olight-M20S-Warri ... 313&sr=8-1

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/sho ... OMPARISONS

Sending crap back to China and dinking around is exactly what I hate; I want something to work.

I hooked up with a $49 Fenix just for a spare.

Reuben,

Fenix has a 2 year warranty. After the 2 years are up, all you have to do is mail it back and they will fix it for the cost of parts only. That is at least according to the paperwork that came with my new Fenix.

I have no idea how much the parts will cost, nor do I know if you have to ship it back to China for repairs. If you're curious, I can check my paperwork.

Thanks Brandon. I bought mine from Battery Junction, and they seem to have pretty good customer service. I called them about getting a new tail cap, and they said I could send my flashlight in to them for repair... or maybe it was China. I was just hoping not to do that.

I'm looking into "Olights".....they're similar to the Fenix designs, I just wonder if they're a little better on the parts.

http://www.amazon.com/Olight-M20S-Warri ... 313&sr=8-1

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/sho ... OMPARISONS

Sending crap back to China and dinking around is exactly what I hate; I want something to work.

I hooked up with a $49 Fenix just for a spare.

I'm with you on not wanting to send stuff out to China for repair; if it needs a new tail cap, I don't really care if it's covered under warranty or not. Just let me buy it.

Another guy in my company has had the Olight M21 Warrior for about 15 months now, and hasn't had a single problem. He loves it.

There's a local police shop that was always fantastic about fixing my Ultra Stinger right on the spot any time I needed anything. If they sell the Olight, I'm buying one from 'em.

• 4 weeks later...

My Fenix TK30 switch has gone bad in just over a year, so I'm also in the market for a new light. I don't like buying expensive batteries for the Streamlights.

I need something much stronger than the TK11 or 15. There are some cheap lights out there with 600 - 800 lumens, such as the Trustfire or Ultrafire for the $40 range. Seems like it would be disposable, though. Anybody find a good strong light and want to share some info?

Was the Streamlight a Stinger LED HP? Mine is 15 months old also. Never had a problem. Battery has gone low only twice so far. Flashlight plus extra battery plus receptacle charger/automotive charger was $132 after tax/shipping, direct from Streamlight. 200 lumens on high but it's a focused beam, very bright, even at long distances.

Marc

Neal -

The Fenix products have a 2-year warranty and the TK-30 is one of the brightest out there. I'd have it repaired.

I have my TK-11 in for a factory refurb just inside it's 2-year warranty and am getting updates on it's progress.

I also have a TK-15 that I'm using currently. It is brighter than the TK-11, but both are bright enough and knock the socks off my Streamlight UltraStingers.

There's a flashlight forum that Kurt has mentioned a time or two and they do all sorts of testing on all flashlights.