A Floating Home Taken To A Whole New Level

I notice the blurb didn't rave about the views. I suspect that's because you don't even get an end slip for that price. The MLS photos are very clever in disguising the location. See the screen grab photo. The house in question is the one with the mouse pointer. The homes west and north, are also tall, blocky structures.

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif houseboat.jpg

244.91 KB

Now, I admit I'd love to live in some of the houseboats I see around Lake Union, but they are all the homes at the ends of piers like the Sleepless in Seattle one (next photo). Anything with restricted views further back, and the hassle of parking, etc, just doesn't seem worth it. At least not at that price!

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif sleepless.jpg

131.98 KB

So do buyers hire a home inspector and a marine surveyor?

Nope, just a home inspector and the home inspector subs out the inspection of the exterior of the float to a diver that does float inspections.

Done a number of these. They aren't much different than doing a house, except that you have to be real careful when you're looking over the exterior.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

They bag their trash and walk it to the gate every day where there is a dumpster. My guess, at this price there is probably somebody paid by the community to keep the place spic-n-span and deal with the trash every day.

Like I said, you can buy a whole friggin house on an island for a whole lot less.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Yeah,

Your home is considered to be a condominium and they calculate the tax levy rate for the homes based on the services they receive and then calculate it based on the appraised value of the land plus the home. Here's the assessed value and tax rate information for the first unit at that address:

Click here.

The home is appraised at over a mil and the annual taxes are over $17K. Keep in mind that these are high-end floaters.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike