"Brought to you by.. "

.. 'The People's Republic of China and Apple Computers .. "

These nets are to catch 'employees' at FOX CONN in China when they flip out and try to commit suicide due to the apparently very onerous manufacturing conditions in the place.

(I believe about 15 have died in the past year or so?) Foxconn apparently builds the Apple products.. which is why they are so 'affordable..'

I wonder what the penalty is 'if you get caught' (in the nets)..

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif FOX CONN SUICIDE NETS.jpg

277.42 KB

.. 'The People's Republic of China and Apple Computers .. "

These nets are to catch 'employees' at FOX CONN in China when they flip out and try to commit suicide due to the apparently very onerous manufacturing conditions in the place.

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif FOX CONN SUICIDE NETS.jpg

277.42?KB

The same factory also builds for Microsoft, x-box and others. The ones who jump are the ones who get frustrated by Windows. But that said, I would be more than willing to pay a premium if we could bring those jobs back home.

It was a series of excellent articles. Atlantic picked it up too.

FoxConn makes about 50% of all consumer electronics....HP, Dell, everyone. It isn't just Apple.

Apple recently hired an outside firm to audit Foxconn; the article did something good.

I saw one of the Foxconn factories....something like 200,000 employees all under one roof. The damn thing went to the horizon.