What are these called? (splices)

Thanks Bill,

Gives me something to go on.....

Ideal doesn't allow the use of aluminum conductors, but these push in connectors were made by someone else. Unfortunately, there weren't any markings on them that gave a manuf. or model.

What's odd is that one side of the duplex had all push in connectors at outlets, in the panel, etc. while the other side of the duplex was all untouched from original.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but it was my understanding that taps cannot be made within a panelboard enclusure - meaning that this is illegal.

I, personally, think it is safe in this instance because there is plenty of room; but it is illegal by my understanding.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but it was my understanding that taps cannot be made within a panelboard enclusure - meaning that this is illegal.

I, personally, think it is safe in this instance because there is plenty of room; but it is illegal by my understanding.

It's fine to make taps or splices in a panelboard enclosure.

If you think it isn't, please provide the code section that prohibits it.

You might be thinking of taps on the SE conductors which need to be in a gutter.

Marc

Article 312.8 addresses splices in panels and says they are fine under certain fill percentages.

The CEC in Canada does not allow splices in the panel

• 3 weeks later...