Electrical Inspection of Existing Dwellings

hausdok

Marc,

You don't know what you don't know until you've read Douglas' book. Buy it, read it and then read it again. Then pick it up every time you head for the small room with the contemplation throne to do your thinking and re-read a section or two again.

I used to struggle with electrical issues worse than I struggle with math (I'm a math moron). Now I'm pretty comfortable with it. Wish I could find something so I could say the same about math - that's been mission impossible for most of my time on the planet.

Get the book; it's worth it's weight in platinum.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just received my copy yesterday. You know there's good information in there when you realize you've been looking at the book for ten minutes and you're still on the front cover. [;)]

A few ideas crossed my mind. One is that this book is the first example of what's needed for a college to initiate a curriculum for home inspectors, giving regulatory bodies their first solid reason for changing the requirement from 90 hours to a 2 year associates degree.

I happened to have a class of first-time home buyers last night, on the day the book arrived. I do this 4, 5 times a year and use the home page of my site as a guide in conducting this 90 minutes discussion. I brought the book with me and passed it around, using it to great advantage to explain how massive the body of knowledge is that lies between the minimum requirements of the various SOPs of this country and common limitations contained in HI contracts. I explained how the question of 'what do you cover' is usually answered by a boring recital of the mandated minimums and that what a buyer actually gets is dependent on three things, the foremost of which is how much the prospective inspector knows about houses.

The next time our Board discusses the evils of granting CE hours for classes on code, I'm gonna bring them this book.

Thanks Douglas.

Marc