Windows 10

Fiddling with a surface pro 4 and want to know if it will run very basic stuff with 4gb of RAM. I haven't used windows in years and remember the old systems ran SLOW on only 4gb RAM.

Would be using one program at a time, basic email, Word, etc. looking for minimal requirements for basic functionality.

This is only about running my application on a touch screen computer. The iPad version of Filemaker won't bulk import pics, otherwise I'd do it all on an iPad. I need a full tilt operating system and a touch screen.

So, it sounds like I can take a cheap pad and make it my report tablet and it'll work.

Do you mean there's a graphical capability to FM? What version?

Marc

15, but I don't know what you mean by graphical capability. It will store any type of graphic, I can put any type of graphic in a layout or template.....I can't draw in it like Illustrator though. It's a database with a lot of graphic layout capability.

I should have explained better. By graphical capability I mean that you can move blocks of text, photos, headings, etc with your finger by dragging it on the screen such as you might do when re-arranging the order of findings, headings etc in a report or when you're dragging boilerplate and dropping it off into the report.

If that's not it, I'd like to know whatever it is you are doing with FM on the touch screen.

Marc

I've been using a Surface Pro 3 with HomeGauge for the last couple of years. Very little issues. Never had any problems with the battery.

That touch screen finger stuff was initially a pain in the ass, but once I got used to it, I write most of my reports with the finger.