Busy Month

we have been 1 - 2 % plus or minus for last two and half years.  I think our September will be a little less and October is not looking good if I study the local real estate board's stats. 

Someone mentioned a correlation between recreational vehicle sales and the economy

.  Their sales are way down this year.  Interesting. 

Curious what data points are you using to calculate this: gross income, number of inspections, etc?  Reason I ask is I do: home inspection, commercial inspections, commercial draw inspections, commercial and residential radon test, and a few other small jobs...   For me I usually just look at gross income. Anyway, I too am having a good year.  

On 10/1/2019 at 8:00 AM, Mark P said:

Curious what data points are you using to calculate this: gross income, number of inspections, etc?  Reason I ask is I do: home inspection, commercial inspections, commercial draw inspections, commercial and residential radon test, and a few other small jobs...  

We are also involved in various tasks.  My method is more art than science.  I try to establish a correlation between the local board of realtors data and our home inspections.  then onto what percentage of those inspections have radon screening, pest, sewer scope etc.  then compare it to a similar quarter of a past year.  then break it down into months and who did what.  you get the idea - it is magic and as long as I keep the magic consistent it seems to give me data to work with!

Mostly I "worry" about our market share.  2008-2016 taught me we are not an island and no matter what we do, there are only so many available inspections.