Think you've seen everything?

Check this out. A developer bought a property for just under $1 million. He then renovated it with all kinds of next-level survivalist, high-level storm-protection/security features, and has it on the market for $5.7 million. 

Mind you, construction isn't finished and no one can see it until spring.

http://realestate.boston.com/news/2019/10/23/you-need-to-pass-a-cori-check-to-tour-this-listing/

Anyone ever seen anything like this before? I sure haven't.

• Like 1

Interesting concept-intentionally enticing mobsters to buy in small-town New England. 

I read the linked listing and found it incredible that the listed property taxes are  just $10k? That can't be right.  A 5 million dollar house in NY State would have roughly $200k in property taxes per year. Most counties in NY  have tax rates around $40 per thousand of assessed value. A house that's worth just $250k has $10k in property taxes.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2019 at 9:58 AM, Chad Fabry said:

Interesting concept-intentionally enticing mobsters to buy in small-town New England. 

I read the linked listing and found it incredible that the listed property taxes are  just $10k? That can't be right.  A 5 million dollar house in NY State would have roughly $200k in property taxes per year. Most counties in NY  have tax rates around $40 per thousand of assessed value. A house that's worth just $250k has $10k in property taxes.

Good catch, Chad. This house is being built, so I presume the $10K tax bill is based on the previous value which was about $950K. 

• 3 months later...

I worked as a consultant on a house on Beaver Island Michigan that flew the crew in and out each day.  Supposedly it was a security effort, but how in the hell can you fly to an island in Lake Michigan every day and not know where you are?  It all pays the same - fighting and marching!