Da Bears

kurt

OK. That looked pretty crisp.

I've kept the mouth shut through the Packers, Lions games; no teams there. SeaHawks is a team. Bears dominant. Pounded it on the ground & in the air. Defense was flawless, gave the offense short fields. This year we're contenders.

Da Bears.

Originally posted by kurt

This year we're contenders.

I agree, IF Grossman can stay healthy. Da Bears without Grossman are like Seattle without Alexander. Your back-up is Brian Greise...not inspiring, to say the least.

My Saints finally lost one after making all of the little mistakes they've deftly avoided the first three weeks (penalties, turnovers, giving up big plays). Still, I can't complain at 3-1.

Brian G.

Who Dat?! [:-masked]

I don't understand the way they do scheduling these days. It used to be that the better your record last year, the tougher your schedule this year/the weaker your record last year the softer your schedule this year. The Saints finished next to last in 05, but our out-of-conference schedule includes the Eagles, the Ravens, the Steelers, the Bengals, the Cowboys, and the Giants. What the....?

Brian G.

Not Feeling the Scheduling Love [:-crazy]

The weak schedule argument is one used by commentators when they don't have any other ideas what to talk about.

What team was invincible last year that's looking good this year? Even New England looked like crap yesterday. Or, how about Washington's death spiral? No one knows if it's a weak schedule until about 9/10's of the way through the regular season.

I agree, it's about the playoffs; that's when reality sets in.

Yeah, I agree w/the 1985 assessment; I've had more than enough of the shuffle. And, I've run into Jim McMahon at this one gas station a couple times; kinda dickheaded, w/the blue ugly year corvette thing. I still see some 1985 Bears posters in depressing bsmt. apt's., occupied by extraterrestrials that work @ FermiLab.

I just wanna get some ChiTown excitement going w/da bears. It's good when the home team is looking tuned.

Originally posted by kurt

The weak schedule argument is one used by commentators when they don't have any other ideas what to talk about.

What team was invincible last year that's looking good this year? Even New England looked like crap yesterday. Or, how about Washington's death spiral? No one knows if it's a weak schedule until about 9/10's of the way through the regular season.

I agree, it's about the playoffs; that's when reality sets in.

Regular Season

Sun 9/10 at Green Bay W 26-0

Sun 9/17 Detroit W 34-7

Sun 9/24 at Minnesota W 19-16

Sun 10/1 Seattle W 37-6

Sun 10/8 Buffalo 1:00 pm

Mon 10/16 at Arizona 8:30 pm

bye

Sun 10/29 San Francisco 1:00 pm

Sun 11/5 Miami 1:00 pm

Sun 11/12 at NY Giants 1:00 pm

Sun 11/19 at NY Jets 1:00 pm

Sun 11/26 at New England 1:00 pm

Sun 12/3 Minnesota 1:00 pm

Mon 12/11 at St. Louis 8:30 pm

Sun 12/17 Tampa Bay 1:00 pm

Sun 12/24 at Detroit 1:00 pm

Sun 12/31 Green Bay 1:00 pm

Umm, New England smoked Cincinatti yesterday. You barely escaped the 2-2 Vi-queens and two of three of your other wins came against the league doormats. You Windy city blowhards were drinking the same Koolaid as Dick Jauron's 01' 13-3 year when you got spanked by the Mighty Philadelphia Eagles, 31-19, which was their first and only playoff game that year.

Sorry Kurt, but until you win a playoff game, I'll only see Da Bears as another loser NFC Central team.

(I still haven't gotten over the "Fog Bowl"[:-censore)

"Sorry Kurt, but until you win a playoff game, I'll only see Da Bears as another loser NFC Central team."

Chris,

Sorry, but playing Minni in the dome, with only a small error/interception to hurt, and coming back pronto with a first class TD to win ain't no small accomplishment. You're wrong, BUUUUDY.

See ya in January.

Oh, and did ya see the game last night?

No one knows if it's a weak schedule until about 9/10's of the way through the regular season.

True, but only to a point. There are a handful of teams that have pretty much lived at the top for at least the last five years, and another group that haven't left bottom for about the same period.

I don't buy the Bears as another central division loser though, at least not while Grossman is okay. I can't class the Bears with Detroit and Green Bay...tain't so. And hey, last year was their first playoff trip in a long while. Never bet on any team like that the first time around.

Brian G.

Why Isn't Baseball Over Already? [:-irked]

Very true observations.

It is about Grossman's durability; Griese isn't where we wanna be going.

I just happen to know a few things about the training regimen this year, and the team is way tuned & looking snappy. Da Bears ain't no slouches this year.

No predictions here, just someone seeing a team that's turned a serious corner.

Originally posted by chrisprickett

My Iggles have the cow-girls and that pill-poppin', slimeball T.O. this Sunday.

That guy is pure poison. What he does on the field doesn't even begin to justify the damage and distraction he brings off the field. If I were a head coach I'd resign before I'd agree to have him on my team. Barf. [:-crazy] [:-yuck]

Brian G.

T.O. Stands for "Team Obliteration" [:-weepn]

In baseball pitching determines how good a team is.In football it is the line play,and gentlemen Da bears have the best in football.

Even ESPN or eastern seaboard programing network admit it.Throw in the magic of Grossman and there we are,best team in football.

GO BEARS.[:-graduat

Originally posted by hausdok

Here ya go Oh Great Prognosticator. This should be right up your alley.

It's the thought that counts, so thanks Mike, but believe it or not I hate fantasy football. Hate it. It takes up valuable time on almost every major football show now, telling people how to win their league. It sort of reminds me of 98% of the "reality" shows on the air; it's utterly devoid of substance, but lots of people seem to like it anyway. Apologies to the fantasy fans on the board.

Brian G.

Football Is King; No Fantasies Needed [:-footbal

Have to agree with Brian G.

How can you really Root for your team, when they are playing against your star player of your fantasy league.

A few of my closest friends are involved in this fantasy league, and I can't even have a decent conversation with them on the phone after the game, because they are worried about their other players. They even talked me into trying it a few years ago. I did try it, but about week 2 or 3, I gave up. I just didn't seem that important to me. About the only time I will get caught up in what other teams are doing, is during is the NCAA March Madness. And I don't think you can compare the two.

And I tell you what isn't a fantasy this year.....DA' BEARS!!!

Hi,

About a month ago, I was doing an inspection where both the realtor involved and my client were apparently die-hard fantasy sports nuts of some sort. From the start of that inspection to the end, I had to listen to non-stop jabber about so-and-so was traded to so-and-so and so-and-so is a lousy passer, and so and so is on the injured list and gee, weren't they glad they'd traded him before he got injured, yadda, yadda. They got so loud and animated that one would have thought they were in the stands at the super bowl or something. I'll bet the client doesn't remember a single thing I told him about that house during that 3-1/2 hours.

About halfway through it, I had to stifle the urge to talk about the fighting cricket tournament and how Autumn Trounce ate the leg off of Spring Placidity in the finals. [:-boring][:-yawn][:-yuck]

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Originally posted by hausdok

Hi,

About a month ago, I was doing an inspection where both the realtor involved and my client were apparently die-hard fantasy sports nuts of some sort. From the start of that inspection to the end, I had to listen to non-stop jabber about so-and-so was traded to so-and-so and so-and-so is a lousy passer, and so and so is on the injured list and gee, weren't they glad they'd traded him before he got injured, yadda, yadda. They got so loud and animated that one would have thought they were in the stands at the super bowl or something. I'll bet the client doesn't remember a single thing I told him about that house during that 3-1/2 hours.

About halfway through it, I had to stifle the urge to talk about the fighting cricket tournament and how Autumn Trounce ate the leg off of Spring Placidity in the finals. [:-boring][:-yawn][:-yuck]

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Sounds like two inspectors arguing about a double tap!

I do fantasy football. It takes about 10 minutes out of my week and has absolutlely no effect on my rooting for my beloved "Iggles".

Case in point: Yesterday we palyed (and beat) the Cow-girls. Terry Glenn was one of my starting receivers. I was more than happy with his poor production.

For me, FFL is just a little extra spice to the love of the NFL I've had since 1966. I'm not a stat geek, and it doen't consume my life. I am, however, in first place in my league!

My beloved Saints are now an incredible 4-1, so allow me to pause and drink in the moment before we play the Eagles, Ravens, Steelers, and Bengals in the next six weeks. I would be deliriously happy if we could just split that run. I'm not ready to drink the Kool Aid on a 2006 playoff shot yet, but the future sure looks bright.

Brian G.

Long, Long, Long Suffering Saints Fan [:-footbal[:-fight]