Help w/ Furnace Age

randynavarro

well, I think 94, from the serial # and the fact it's got the french and english label (post NAFTA?)

[on edit - opps, that was in the model #

But this is still good info]:

The ANSI year isn't in the pic, but is also a good way to come up with an age: I find general 1-3 years after the ANSI year.

Hi Again,

Back in the early summer, I made a post wherein I posted the information I had for ages of furnaces. You'll find that post in this thread on page 2: http://www.tijonline.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2981

According to the information I'd gathered, the age of Trane furnaces is figured this way:

Trane: Begins in 1971. Age is a number followed by a letter in the serial number. Example: 1C-xxxx = March 1971, 81, 91, 01 (Use common sense to distinguish one decade from the next.) Beginning around 1982 the date of manufacturer is stamped on the ID plate.

I think this is wrong and I got my notes crossed up somewhere, especially about the date they began placing the date of manufacture on the label, because I don't recall seeing it on any furnaces that old. When you get back onto Preston's, maybe you can help me straighten that out Randy.

OT - OF!!!

M.

Thanks all for the help. Still can't get online - one disadvantage of our e-age vs. just buying the book(s).

I think 1998 sound sabout right.

Also, I forgot to attach this pic of the evap. coil label that I also need to date - the serial # on this one has . . . 98 which lines up with age of furnace, but I still need to verify.

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif EvapCoilLabel.JPG

57.54 KB

Can y'all assist once more?

Mike,

Got a second picture but not any better. Yes, once I get back online, I'll see what I can do to verify that information.