What are these and are they o.k.?

alexie

Carl,

I don't know if you saw the NOVA special about the observatories high in the mountains, but it was really cool.

One of the Ph.D.'s was cutting some aluminum to patch a hole. In radio contact with base camp, the experience was recorded.

You could hear how frustrated this brilliant man was. And you could tell that he was oxygen deprived. "No matter how much I cut it, it still won't cover the hole!" - and he was very serious.

Originally posted by carle3

Gary,

Yeah, I remember the old saying "I cut it twice and its still too short!"

Originally posted by alexie

Question from a newbie HI. These were discovered in a 2003 built home in Webster, Texas. What are they called and are they legal. My gut says no but I haven't found code to support me.

Thanks for your input.

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif CIMG1374.jpg

46.06 KB

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif CIMG1376.jpg

45.06 KB

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif CIMG1377.jpg

43.93 KB

Enough said about the crappy framing... Regarding picture 3 - Blue Romex? Uumm, eehh eehh... That would be Cat 5 networking cable. Hard to tell with the one next to it but it looks like Coaxial.

Enough said about the crappy framing... Regarding picture 3 - Blue Romex? Uumm, eehh eehh... That would be Cat 5 networking cable. Hard to tell with the one next to it but it looks like Coaxial.

Thanks for your input Kyle, you are quite correct, it was com cord and the photo I posted was not the intended submission. Nice catch!

• 3 months later...
Originally posted by alexie

Question from a newbie HI. These were discovered in a 2003 built home in Webster, Texas. What are they called and are they legal. My gut says no but I haven't found code to support me.

Thanks for your input.

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif CIMG1374.jpg

46.06 KB

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif CIMG1376.jpg

45.06 KB

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif CIMG1377.jpg

95.41 KB

Yeah, looks like drunk uncle Tom built this home! Must have left the tape measure at home...