Prankster?

Originally posted by AHI in AR

That's real flattering, Jim, but I can't take credit for it. I don't know who first came up with the term, but I clearly remember hearing it the first time from a cousin of mine several years ago. Such a descriptive term.

Want to see what cubic money looks like? Go here:http://www.snopes.com/photos/crime/drugmoney.asp#photo2

Ok then, I'll steal it from you without guilt.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Originally posted by Jim Katen

Originally posted by AHI in AR

That's real flattering, Jim, but I can't take credit for it. I don't know who first came up with the term, but I clearly remember hearing it the first time from a cousin of mine several years ago. Such a descriptive term.

Want to see what cubic money looks like? Go here:http://www.snopes.com/photos/crime/drugmoney.asp#photo2

Ok then, I'll steal it from you without guilt.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Knock yourself out. By the way, I prefer to think of it as "borrowing" when I do it.

Originally posted by AHI

Things are usually slow for a new guy and I am a new guy so you can bet my phone is not ringing. Several months, several thousand dollars and several hundred hours of time I have spent ramping up to do business.

I got pretty pumped up with all of this but now I feel kind of deflated. I never depended on income from inspections so I am not missing what I never had. For those who support their families on this it must be getting edgy.

If you had the chance to cruise from '02 thru '05 or '06ish, it now feels VERY slow. Bound to happen....real estate market explodes, new agents flood the market, new inspectors flood the market, new agents jive with new inspectos, new inspectors taking bites out of the seasoned agent pie (we ALL don't operate a "referral" business), relationships and trust are built, real estate market deflates, agent count declines (especially those agents who have < 5 yrs of experience and with that so does a lot of business), newish inspectors are starved. Much can be said for being "diversified" in your career(s) - I don't know very many thriving inspection companies in MD unless they've been practicing their craft long before the boom of '01. The rest of us needed to look ahead and prepare for significant changes (did anyone think that the market could sustain the head of steam it did - pullout your economics textbook). If you're brand spanking new - you have your work cut out for yourself. Marketing, marketing, create a niche, marketing and more marketing. Good luck.