gas pack

Phillip

John,

Yes this unit connects to the ductwork for the house. It is a package unit with heating and cooling as one unit which is set on the exterior of the house.

This one use gas to heat with. There are packaged heat pump systems.

I have never seen one that used oil, but in my area no one uses oil to heat with. So in areas there could be ones that uses oil.

How about it from the guys or gals that work in areas that use oil to heat with, Is there a oil fired package unit out there?

Originally posted by Phillip

How about it from the guys or gals that work in areas that use oil to heat with, Is there a oil fired package unit out there?

I'm in fuel oil country and I've never seen one, but even gas residential package units just aren't used around here. The only time I'll see a gas package unit, would be a rooftop mounted one on a commercial building.

A Google search shows that Thermo-Pride makes them. In very cold locales, I imagine that they'd be pretty prone to the fuel oil gelling, especially in the tiny line from the pump to the nozzle. Maybe that's why I've never seen one.

Thermo-Pride package unit