With Meth, We Just Might Never Know

hausdok

Originally posted by inspector57

Does anyone have any good information on training to recognize meth/drug concerns? I will continue to disclaim, but just like foundation issues that I see and recommend a SE, I would like to be a little less naive about what to look for to try and protect my clients.

One of the best education seminars I've ever attended was put on by the Multnomah County Sherrif's office. The presenter taught us how to cook meth using the red P process and the Nazi process.

(Of course, attendence was limited and the attendees were scrutinized pretty carefully.)

By actually learning the process, it's easier to pick up the clues when inspecting the house.

The best way to learn is by doing . . .

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Originally posted by inspector57

Does anyone have any good information on training to recognize meth/drug concerns? I will continue to disclaim, but just like foundation issues that I see and recommend a SE, I would like to be a little less naive about what to look for to try and protect my clients.

Our occasional visiting IAQ expert and meth lab investigator, Caoimhín Connell, put together "Recognizing Former Meth-labs" for home inspectors.