One more time.. arrgghh

jodil

Im getting tired of asking the same question over again, but this furnace manufacturer was not listed on the guide in the library and I need to know its age. There were no other clues for me to pick up on. The unit was so rusty and dirty I could only read the serial number. So if you'd be so kind and let me know the age of :

Heil

Serial # HI 5048377

And in case you were wondering, yes I do plan on becoming a hammer. One with a pink handle :)

thanks

Jodi

Originally posted by jodil

Im getting tired of asking the same question over again, but this furnace manufacturer was not listed on the guide in the library and I need to know its age. There were no other clues for me to pick up on. The unit was so rusty and dirty I could only read the serial number. So if you'd be so kind and let me know the age of :

Heil

Serial # HI 5048377

And in case you were wondering, yes I do plan on becoming a hammer. One with a pink handle :)

thanks

Jodi

My best guess is the 4th week of 1985.

From 1980 to 1994, Heil used the first numeral (after the letters) to indicated the last numeral of the year. They used the next two numerals to indicate the week.

Before 1980, they used serial numbers with four letters in the front, like York.

After 1994, they used two digits for the year, followed by two digits for the week, like Rheem/Ruud.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Thank you both. I figured the reason I was not finding Heil info was that someone else owned or made them. I know this is asking alot, but someone who is full of knowledge such as yourselves should modify that list thats in the library to include the names of other manufacturers and their "take overs." This seems to be more common that I thought.

jodi