Valley Overlap

fqp25

OK, this might seem senseless, but I think something is wrong, just going on my intuition. Why do a few shingles have so much exposure on this overlap? Are they overlapped too much. Is this a non-issue? Poor workmanship maybe?

Frank

Image Insert:

2008717233628_Frank.jpg

90.23 KB

Image Insert:

2008717233655_frank2.jpg

79.43 KB

Image Insert:

2008717233725_frank3.jpg

59.16 KB

Image Insert:

200871723388_frank4.jpg

53.85 KB

What you have there is a @#$%^&* mess. There's no way to see what is under that absurd "weave", but I'd bet my bottom dollar that it isn't anywhere close to right. It can't be. All the visible signs point to a leak waiting to happen...if it isn't already an issue.

Look at the photos full size if you think I am wrong.

Calling it poor workmanship would be generous.

Yes,

Frank, please resize them next time. I resized them for you this time, but go to Powertoys for windows and grab yourself a free image resizer or search for one on the internet!

About the roof; everything about that job - lousy weave job, improperly installed drip edge, etc. - says, "Look at me, I was put on by my homeowner and he didn't have the slightest #@%$^&* idea what he was doing. Please tear me off and have a pro - not my homeowner - redo me before I leak all over the interior of this building."

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Originally posted by hausdok

Yes,

Frank, please resize them next time.

Sorry, I was using an old standby laptop, not use to it anymore.

Thanks for the help, it is a very bad job all around. The ridge cap is so uneven and crooked, it made me dizzy just looking at it.

Frank

Frank,

The ridge cap being uneven is an aesthetics issue only........... that is the only thing that is not likely an issue on that roof.

I agree with Phillip that it kinda looks like someone started with a cut valley and failed to cut the shingles at the end of the day. BUT...... it looks like they forgot other things as well....... call for a roofer for sure.

Why do they still make 3 tab? (forgive me, but any time I see a pic of 3 tab I may ask the same question in the future as well)