Favorite saying

Darren

Maybe not 'favorites', and definitely not enlightening, but a couple of funny ones from the past:

This is one my CPO liked when I was wrangling jets on the flight deck of the USS Forrestal--

"I give you pukes every tool at my disposal with which to kill yourselves, and you still can't get the bleepin job done."

And from my HS football coach--

"Men, we're small but we're slow. We have got to find a way to turn that to our advantage."

Dad from the 1950's: "He went ass over band-box" (or) "..ass over teakettle".. (He grew up as son of Azorean immigrants in Bridgewater, Mass). (Probably some phrase from the Yankee dairy farmers or something in that town... Phrase was used when he described how a guy 'went' when he got cold-conked... ) I've never heard anyone say this ever..except Pop.. (RIP-2002)

I doubt that I can do the quote justice.. but here it goes. It was about 5 PM in June, in Las Vegas, 100 degrees. I was working with Kelly Knievel. Someone had left the radio that Kelly had provided them in the house they just came out of. Kelly asked for the radio and the guy asked Kelly if he would mind going into the house and getting the radio. Kelly hesitated for a second and asked: Ya know what my dad (Evil) would say to that? The guy said no and kind of shrugged. Kelly takes the cigar out of his mouth and yells out at him “IS THERE A G@D D@MN PIANO TIED TO YOUR @SSâ€

• 2 weeks later...