Electric measurement device in panel

kasterko

I came across this on new construction. It allows the owners to measure their electrical usage. I'm speaking of the 2 white metering devices on the service entrance cables and the leads exiting the panel at the bottom. I saw something similar to this befoe in a condo where they were trying to meter by individual units and I thought I was told it was wrong. I've searched the forum for "low voltage in panel" and found references to 110 and 725 and I'm still confused. I guess we'll be seeing more of this in our quest for energy efficiency

I sent this before finishing and I wanted to know if the set-up is OK i.e. can these low voltage devices be in the panel? I did not read the panel information.

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif P9230129.JPG

55.29 KB

I came across this on new construction. It allows the owners to measure their electrical usage. I'm speaking of the 2 white metering devices on the service entrance cables and the leads exiting the panel at the bottom. I saw something similar to this befoe in a condo where they were trying to meter by individual units and I thought I was told it was wrong. I've searched the forum for "low voltage in panel" and found references to 110 and 725 and I'm still confused. I guess we'll be seeing more of this in our quest for energy efficiency

I sent this before finishing and I wanted to know if the set-up is OK i.e. can these low voltage devices be in the panel? I did not read the panel information.

It's probably no big deal. I just hate to see that unnecessary stuff in a panel. When UL lists these panels, they don't take stuff like that into account.

I've started seeing a new kind of power monitor. It's like a little Borg machine strapped to the meter. It uses a little "eye" to read the meter.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif BorgMeter.JPG

81.94 KB