Agent whining about Illinois Inspectors

Homesellers beware - Home Inspector can be weapon for buyer

...So when you get that contract and it comes time to have the home inspection, cross your fingers, call your lawyer, and perhaps bake some cookies-in case the inspector gets hungry. You need all the help you can get...

I though some of you Chicago guys would get a lift in your day from reading htis.

-

-

http://www.examiner.com/x-28137-Chicago ... -for-buyer

"But the new trend is the overzealous home inspector. While many of these individuals are professionals, there are an increased amount of them who are not. They are only interested in gathering their extensive knowledge they have learned from their increased amount of required training, and turning it into a nightmare for some sellers."

I don't know about y'all, but I get downright giddy thinking about how I can turn my inspection into a nightmare for the sellers.

What a freakin' blockhead.

I'm with Joe, but I'm also entertained at the Realtor's reaction when the house turns out bad.

Lots of crooked Realtors here, and the lousy houses each afford me a mild taste of revenge. I remain civil, of course and properly conceal my 'joy'.

Marc

It's real easy to tell the difference between the pros, and the used house salesmen salespeople.

The pros take what they get, overcome objections, and sell around them.

The others, throw their hands in the air, look for someone to point a finger at, give up, and end up with nothing.

It's exactly like the car business.

I had a client last week that emailed to say that their agent was upset by the repairs they requested as a result of my report. The client loved my work and wanted to let me know that they did not share the opinion of the agent. I suggest they get a new agent.

Actually our clients can be a$$holes too, tis a fact.

A while back I posted something about stating, in my report, that the client should change all the locks on the doors as you never know how many copies of keys are floating around. They then took my report and wanted the seller to change all the locks on the doors because the "Inspector said to". They consider themselves "exceptionally smart negotiators".

To tell the truth I'm not sure which falls lower in the food chain - or is it just me....

It's an old saw: Buyers are liars, and sellers are worse.

Jimmy would add: RE Agents are equally bad.

Any party with an interest in the transaction will twist our words (and anyone else's words) to suit their purpose. That's why HI reports have to be so damned accurate. Write something you can stand behind and be proud of, and sleep well at night. This shouldn't be news to anyone with gray hair.