Sub panel question

Denray

It looks like a 3 phase, main lug (no main breaker) panelboard. My guess is that 120/240 single phase is being fed in via the left top, 2 pole breaker. Two of the bus bars carry the 120/240 and the jumper patches over 120 to the third bus bar so that it can be used also. Not kosher at all. A 2 pole (240 Volt) breaker installed at some locations will not yield 240 volts but rather the same 120 volts on both side. As such, it will not power 240 volt loads. 3 phase will not be available anywhere.

Write it up as a misapplication of a 3 phase panel board. Replace with a single phase panelboard of appropriate specification and capacity. Either that or bring 3 phase power into that panel board.

That's my guess. Checking the voltages available at each bus bar will reveal the truth.

Marc

I was 25 when I started college, 32 when I graduated. Being older, I drew the line at fine whiskey and never touched what others were doing, despite being surrounded by it daily. Stayed friends with Williams and Daniels for another 18 years 'till we parted ways. Each to his own.

Marc