The kind you read about in books. . .

I'm puzzled, no one thought that interior water manangement was a good idea for Kurt's project in the Pres' hood, or any other basement for that matter. Why is everyone so excited about putting a crawl in a zip-loc bag? Especially one that costs as much as a full basement?

Yeah right.

Hee, hee,

If you come out here to poke around looking at home prices and what it costs to build stuff out here, make sure you stop by your Doctor's office first and have him prescribe something that will take the edge off; otherwise, the first time you look at what it costs to do something out here you're liable to blow a gasket.

I know one company that will clean up and line a 1500 sf crawlspace for about $2300. If you can get a foundation put in for that where you are, more power to you, because it can't be done for 10 times that cost here.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

I'm puzzled, no one thought that interior water manangement was a good idea for Kurt's project in the Pres' hood, or any other basement for that matter. Why is everyone so excited about putting a crawl in a zip-loc bag? Especially one that costs as much as a full basement?

As I recall, that house had a stone and lime mortar foundation without an impermeable barrier on it's outer surface. It's an entirely different arrangement than a modern poured concrete foundation/stem wall system with the exterior barrier.

Marc