Why

Phillip

Phillip:

What the hell are you doing? Don't stick your metal tape into a panel!

I'd really hate to see someone post a link to your obituary. Besides, we'd all miss your pictures. [:-weepn]

I've only been around a few months and Phillip gets fussed at atleast once every few weeks about his tape measure.[:-eyebrow

do people do the things they do?

Some one added a receptacle. but did not know how to wire it in the panel.

Why would some one take the time to do this?

Same thing I wondered when I saw this. Wouldn't it have been easier to just fix or remove the 'skylights'?

Click to Enlarge
tn_2010520224547_5-17-10%20049.jpg

54 KB

And, of course, proper installation of interior gutters will buy you some time on the roof repairs.

Click to Enlarge
tn_2010520225029_4-25-10%20030.jpg

33.88 KB

And they're not even on the same house. Never a dull moment in the Heart of Dixie.

Tim

Phillip:

I'd really hate to see someone post a link to your obituary. Besides, we'd all miss your pictures. [:-weepn]

I make sure its not in contact with any thing. Most of the time it is set to the outside and the angle of the photo make it look like its inside the panel

Hey Phillip, I thought of you today when I opened this panel. The water drips off the SE cable into a trough, down through a straw, ending up on a sponge, where it magically evaporates. Pretty ingenious, eh?

Click to Enlarge
tn_20105211685_Panel.jpg

59.82 KB

Yeah, why do people do the things they do?

omg.... that one takes the cake. The is no hope for humanity - we're all sunk. Think I'll have an early sundowner.

Hey Phillip, I thought of you today when I opened this panel. The water drips off the SE cable into a trough, down through a straw, ending up on a sponge, where it magically evaporates. Pretty ingenious, eh?

Click to Enlarge
tn_20105211685_Panel.jpg

59.82 KB

Now that is really amazing!

Slight correction. The straw passes through the bottom of the panel. The I guess the sponge is to soak up what gets by the 'collection system.

Want some more fun? This was on another wall in the same basement. The yellow circles are the two hots and the neutral of the grey cable, which is feeding something in the detached garage. It's not feeding the panel in the garage (fuses of course, and using ABS water line as conduit to it). This line ends up in the garage attic, but there was a Corvette under the scuttle, so I couldn't do more than peek.

I can't imagine what the genius who did it was trying to accomplish.

Click to Enlarge
tn_2010521181749_Whattha~~~.jpg

61.07 KB

Phillip:

I make sure its not in contact with any thing. Most of the time it is set to the outside and the angle of the photo make it look like its inside the panel

Accident : an unforeseen and unplanned event or circumstance b : lack of intention or necessity :

You would never intentionally do it. Get a plastic or wood ruler if you want to use some sort of scale.

Click to Enlarge
tn_20105211685_Panel.jpg

59.82 KB

That is a thing of beauty! Of course I'd have recommended they replace it, but only if I could have the old panel to hang on the wall in my office.

Tom

So there are genius in other places beside the south.

I have to ask Phillip; how are your observations received? I must say that things are, well.. a little different down there. Do you get the stink eye very often?

Most of the time my clients receive my observations well but I have had a few that really like the home and was a little upset with all of the items I found.

I have had a few sellers call and tell me that they where going to take me to court if I did not change my report so my client would buy the house.

There have been a few agents get mad at me when the sale did not go thru and had one agent to tell me not to leave anything in his office because he would never be recommend me again.

There have been a few agents get mad at me when the sale did not go thru and had one agent to tell me not to leave anything in his office because he would never be recommend me again.

Yeah, untill THEY or a family member is buying. Then you'll be the go to guy.