I oughta sign up. I can see me now.

"In the crapper squeezin one out."

"Wipin my bum - whew feel like a gave birth."

"Going to the kitchen to make a coffee"

"Got some coffee, getting the urge again."

"Going to the can again. Picking up the paper on the way"

"Gee look at that. Downy is on sale."

"Pushin another one out...."

Yeah, I can really see the sense in that whole twitter thingy.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Yeah,

I oughta sign up. I can see me now.

Yeah, I can really see the sense in that whole twitter thingy.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

I think you mis understand the point. Every Twitter page your name appears on (if you have your URL on said page) gives you a google backlink with a PR of 9. As I agree with you about it being a little "pop culture(ish)." The web power of the site can't be denied.

I am not very familiar with Twitter.

Can someone please post 10 examples of Tweets that are not narcissistic pablum?

Thanks.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

"Going to work on a report now"

"Might check back later"

"Maybe I'll get a snack first"

Funny thing regarding Tweeting: I joined Twitter about a year ago because I met a fellow writer, who had just published a book. He was the instructor at a Fred Pryor Career Track Seminar. Since then, I've connected with one other person (until now) and tweeted about six times in my entire life. But, what the heck, maybe I'll tweet an HI question in the field from my phone and get a pronto answer. [:-propell

Ben, bad news: Apparently, Google has found a way to completely negate reciprocal links so they can get paid for all Internet exposure. All that reciprocal link stuff is now down the toilet. If you want to be on the first page or two of an Internet search, ya gotta pay for it and re-tweak the site a couple times a year, at the very least.

I built my own site about fifteen years ago, but I now have a guy from Mainstreethost.com that keeps the site well connected. It's not that expensive and does pay you back.

Isn't the twitter essentially a version of TIJ where you create a single thread with your name as the title and continually post to it and then when people know your twit name they have the url directly to your thread? I don't get it.

Just a few years ago you could look around and shake your head in disgust at the number of teenagers who were spending countless hours with their faces buried in those handheld video games; now when one drives down a city street or walks into a busy restaurant one sees dozens of teenagers, and adults, standing or sitting around with handheld text devices ignoring on another and blathering away.

No offense guys, but, unless it's exchanging emails, seeing you guys in person or talking to you on the phone, and actually conversing with one another, this is about the limit of social interaction that I want to have with everyone.

Where I grew up, being a twit was not a good thing.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Isn't the twitter essentially a version of TIJ where you create a single thread with your name as the title and continually post to it and then when people know your twit name they have the url directly to your thread? I don't get it.

Just a few years ago you could look around and shake your head in disgust at the number of teenagers who were spending countless hours with their faces buried in those handheld video games; now when one drives down a city street or walks into a busy restaurant one sees dozens of teenagers, and adults, standing or sitting around with handheld text devices ignoring on another and blathering away.

No offense guys, but, unless it's exchanging emails, seeing you guys in person or talking to you on the phone, and actually conversing with one another, this is about the limit of social interaction that I want to have with everyone.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Well, as I said, to date I lay claim to a staggering six tweets in my entire life. I never think about twitter and kinda feel like Jim K about it. But, I may tweet a HI question in the future.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

TMI Mike. [;)]

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Well, as I said, to date I lay claim to a staggering six tweets in my entire life. I never think about twitter and kinda feel like Jim K about it. But, I may tweet a HI question in the future.

Yeah i too think it's kinda silly, but anything that will help my webpage get in front of future clients, I'll d what I can.

My twit tag is InspectorBen[:-bonc01]

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

TMI Mike. [;)]
Didn't know what TMI meant and had to google it. Now that I know, my response is, well, that's the whole point of my gross commentary. Isn't the whole twitter thing a whole lot of too much information? At the rate this obsession with what everyone else is doing is going, the next thing is going to be where one can log onto a network of video cameras and follow the movements of one's buddies, enemies or favorite actor, etc. day in and day out.

Before we had cell phones and this constant need to be in everyone else's face, people called, left a message and waited for you to call them back - they didn't send you half a dozen texts or twits or whatever. Business meetings and meals weren't constantly interrupted by someone reaching for a cell phone or text device and people lived with a whole lot less stress.

Look back; you'll also note a curious correlation between the advent of all of this TMI technology and the decline of prosperity.

Enough already! [:-timebm]

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

TMI Mike. [;)]
Didn't know what TMI meant and had to google it. Now that I know, my response is, well, that's the whole point of my gross commentary. Isn't the whole twitter thing a whole lot of too much information? At the rate this obsession with what everyone else is doing is going, the next thing is going to be where one can log onto a network of video cameras and follow the movements of one's buddies, enemies or favorite actor, etc. day in and day out.

Before we had cell phones and this constant need to be in everyone else's face, people called, left a message and waited for you to call them back - they didn't send you half a dozen texts or twits or whatever. Business meetings and meals weren't constantly interrupted by someone reaching for a cell phone or text device and people lived with a whole lot less stress.

Look back; you'll also note a curious correlation between the advent of all of this TMI technology and the decline of prosperity.

Enough already! [:-timebm]

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

It's OK to vent Mike. However I believe that most older generations always wondered what was becoming of the younger generations. I'm sure my parents were freaked out by my long hair back in the day.

Just think how the parents must have felt with their pre-2nd world war children doing the jitterbug. When did the decline of humanity actually start?

jitterbug.jpg[/img]

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

TMI Mike. [;)]
At the rate this obsession with what everyone else is doing is going, the next thing is going to be where one can log onto a network of video cameras and follow the movements of one's buddies, enemies or favorite actor, etc. day in and day out.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Not a bad idea...[:D]

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

TMI Mike. [;)]
At the rate this obsession with what everyone else is doing is going, the next thing is going to be where one can log onto a network of video cameras and follow the movements of one's buddies, enemies or favorite actor, etc. day in and day out.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Not a bad idea...[:D]

When/if that happens, the first time I find out someone is tracking my movements I'm going to be carrying a can of black spray paint around to paint lenses with.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

. . . It's OK to vent Mike. However I believe that most older generations always wondered what was becoming of the younger generations. I'm sure my parents were freaked out by my long hair back in the day.

Just think how the parents must have felt with their pre-2nd world war children doing the jitterbug. When did the decline of humanity actually start? . . .

There are lots of examples, dating from ancient Greece, of parents complaining about the declining values of the younger generation. However, the topic is much older.

We now know that the first person to complain about the younger generation was a fellow named Og. A recent translation of 10,000-year-old petraglyphs shows that Og complained bitterly about his son's antics with something called a "wheel." Apparently, Og felt that the wheel was responsible for the decline of the younger generation and the collapse of morals during his time.

"When Og young, he no use 'wheels.' When Og need to move something, Og carry it with arms and walk with feet. Wheel make kid lazy. And another thing, what all this fuss about 'fire?' When Og young, he steal dead antelope pieces from hyenas and eat them. That good stuff. Nowadays, everybody have to 'cook' meat over 'fire.' Stupid kid now spend more time cook meat than eat it. Hah! Hah! Og want dumb trend to go away and go back to good old days. Og yearn for dominant paradigm from Og's youth."

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Jim...

Methinks it is highly unlikely that anyone named "Og" would use the word paradigm. After all, most people today don't know what the word means. It's safe to assume tha Og didn't either. So we have to exclude cavemen. (However, I suspect that Og would love charcoal and charcoal grills.)

But you make your point all the same...