General computer question

I tried that Terry, but that only allows me to choose between large, medium, small Icons, and list etc. Any of those choices still only displays a file icon not that thumbnail picture.

This is a big problem when I am trying to select pictures to put into the report. If have to click on each picture to see what it is.

I am using windows 7.

Nope. I'm migrating everything to Mac over the next 12 months; I've finally figured out how to configure my system to the Mac.

No more MS hairball for me in a year.

Actually Win 7 is pretty good. I had Vista on this rig before that - what a pos. [:-yuck]

My Vista was certainly a POS for about the first year. Since getting the issues ironed out with updates, etc, it's been uneventful. Haven't bought the upgrade to 7 yet. Despite that, I'm still intent on getting a Mac next time.

Marc

Actually Win 7 is pretty good. I had Vista on this rig before that - what a pos. [:-yuck]

Tell us what you think when you've finished beta testing it.

It's really good Tom - I wouldn't say that if it weren't true. Vista and Windows ME were terrible and users should have been able to get their money back.

It's hard for me to get excited about an OS - it's just a system that allows me to run software.

This is the ideal OS however:

Sexy+Xmas+Babe.jpg

Happy Holidays!

Yeah,

I've been running 7 since my wife and a friend bought me the new box for my birthday. With 6 Gb of ram this puppy is a screamer and with these two monitors (Thanks Rich and everyone) I can open up a truckload of stuff simultaneously and work without it getting bogged down.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

FWIW, Leo Leporte, "The tech guy" on talk radio declared Windows 7 (tongue in cheek) right up there with Mac '98. His point was that Mac had such a good OS, way back when, that they rested, and Windows (via 7) has pretty much, finally, caught up. He says Windows 7 is great and, while usually telling folks to wait a while when a new Windows version comes out, said "JUMP ON IT" when Window 7 came out.

One of my hobbies has been building "buckle your seat belt" PCs from the motherboard on up, with the most RAM available, at any given point in time. Through that, I got to know the local PC repair guy in our area and pick his brain often. Like Leo, he usually says hold off on new Windows versions, but also said, "Get it!", when Windows 7 came out. So, I did, and I like it a lot.

I have no idea where it is, it's just a pretty picture. I was doing an image search while trying to settle on a logo and I've now got an enormous folder full of 'clear creek' images. One of my favorites is a six pack of Clear Creek Ice, but I thought the snowy scene more seasonally appropriate.

Edit: I would give the photographer credit, but this photo is completely unmarked. I interpret that to mean that it is public domain.