Time to get back into some jams. This will be how I spend some more quality time with my teenage son. Those are his drums in the background.

I just got it yesterday. It's an Epiphone Black Beauty and a Vox Cambridge 30. The guitar also came with a very nice lined hard case. Hardly any use on the stuff. The gold coating on the pickup covers is faded a but I hear thats common. Works as good as new.

This stuff would have been $1200 + new back in 2000 when it was first bought. I got it for a cool $400. I need to get some foot switches for the amp. It's a Craigslist score.

What a popular combo effects pedal these days? I'll be playing blues and heavy metal.

Click to Enlarge
tn_20112210103_P1110259.jpg

49.32 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_201122101022_P1110253.jpg

56.88 KB

John, Google up "guitar effects pedals" or something like that. There's plenty of processors out there that will give you what you're looking for. Most of the stores will let you play with one first.

I have a Line6 amp. All of that stuff is built into it.

Looks like you got a pretty good deal.

Time to get back into some jams. This will be how I spend some more quality time with my teenage son. Those are his drums in the background.

I just got it yesterday. It's an Epiphone Black Beauty and a Vox Cambridge 30. The guitar also came with a very nice lined hard case. Hardly any use on the stuff. The gold coating on the pickup covers is faded a but I hear thats common. Works as good as new.

Click to Enlarge

49.32 KB

Click to Enlarge

56.88 KB

John,

Does it impress your clients when you open the case and use it to check outlets?

That looks like fun. but protect your ears, eh? Especially standing in front of that drum kit, trying to play louder than your son's drumming. [:-party]

Tube hybrid is the way to go. I used to run a low power tube amp as preamp into a solid state amp. That way you could lower the volume. In my closet, covered with a bit of dust, a early 70's Kay Strat and four or five little tube amps, some I built with old radio parts etc.

Click to Enlarge
tn_201122145845_OKstrats.jpg

95.42 KB

The one on the right is my OK Kay.

I caught the end of 'Spellbound' on a blues show on public radio a few weeks ago. That's the first time I'd heard any of his music in years. I now have a Robin Trower station on Pandora. Pat Travers, Gov't Mule, Free, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Jimi Hendrix, Zepplin, Johnny Winter, Allman Bros...and that's just this afternoon. It's all good!

Click to Enlarge

49.32 KB

Click to Enlarge

56.88 KB

John,

Does it impress your clients when you open the case and use it to check outlets?

I run an external line from the amp and tap into the intercom system. I rig the doorbell as a reverb/gain switch. That really impreses them.