Tap Inspect App for iPhone

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the food is wild. Whatever it is that you think is Chinese food here, it ain't chinese food. At least, not to the chinese. They're all trying to figure out who General Tzo is, and why is there chicken named after him?

Interestingly, chinese "takeout" does not exist. The whole idea of doggie bags is repulsive. Food waste (in this still very poor country) is astoundingly high; eating everything and not having any leftovers is viewed as déclassé. Leftovers that you leave @ the restaurant is viewed as good form. Takeout is being introduced in some western minded areas of the cities, but as a solid general rule, it doesn't exist.

Saw some cat meat....no dog.

I got a great picture of some grilled scorpions and a type of weird pizza (no cheese) covered in fried ants. Chinese hate cheese. Hate it. It revives memories of previous Mongol invasions with all their rancid spoiled milk food stuff.

Fish, OTOH, is way good. Even cheap diners have aquarium tanks in front where you choose the fish.

Lotta frog. Eel. Snails.

They look at a nice steak like it's gross.....they don't get it.

Fruit and veggies in profusion at every meal, though.

No fat people, except for the youngsters eating the crap American exports over there.

Scooter women. Yes.

And boots. Chinese women know how to wear boots.

No one struts in boots like Chinese women.

Click to Enlarge
tn_201192145627_scorpion.jpg

60.67 KB

You know what I don't get? People who come around here, wear their alleged wealths of experience like badges, and then become indignant when what they say is challenged by others. Most, like the recent guy, tuck their tails, spout off some sort of playground-ish "Screw you," and then never surface again.

There are others, like bare-chested--I just KNOW there were tatoos hidden somewhere--stump dude, who possess the emotional maturity to take their lumps and realize that they can learn from others and others can also learn from them. And . . . everybody's better off because of it in the cliched big picture.

The reason I don't get it, is that by nature our job descriptions demand that we invoke the wrath of sellers, realtors, builders, contractors and others on a weekly basis and, by definition, must develop incredibly thick skins unless one is fortunate enough to be a sociopath like I am.

So WHY do they get their feathers in a fluff simply because a bunch of people on a forum question what they have to say? Where is this Dietrich's thick skin? Why won't he answer simple questions?

Meh . . .

Well Mr. Bain, Dietrich has been inspectiing and saving the world one inspection at a time. If you are going to take shots at me at least spell my name correctly, it's right there in front of you. I do have thick skin. One does not own their own business for years and not have it. It just seems like you all have a pretty tight good ol' boys club that likes to sit around and spout all kinds of stuff! All that's lacking is the cigars and cognac! I for one work for a living.

I appreciate any intelligent communication. Your questions have been answered.

Have a great weekend!

Well Mr. Bain, Dietrich has been inspectiing and saving the world one inspection at a time. If you are going to take shots at me at least spell my name correctly, it's right there in front of you. I do have thick skin. One does not own their own business for years and not have it. It just seems like you all have a pretty tight good ol' boys club that likes to sit around and spout all kinds of stuff! All that's lacking is the cigars and cognac! I for one work for a living.

I appreciate any intelligent communication. Your questions have been answered.

Have a great weekend!

Uhmmm. . .

Weren't you leaving?

Stump dude........that could stick.

I don't mind, but do you really wanna hafta read that same story every time some newcomer asks?

John B, I've no tattoos. I've always hated them. That, long hair and any hair on the face. I'm the ultra conservative and the ultra liberal combined in one. Not much middle ground.

Marc