HVAC dudes

Bain

There have been some recent threads about sizing furnaces and ductwork, and other installation nuances. I was reminded of those threads when I saw the draft hood in this photo.

There's one way to do it correctly, and one way to do it wrong and, almost predictably, the schmuck got it wrong.

Do I want THIS installer telling me how large my furnace should be, and how the ductwork should be configured? hahahahahahahaha . . . . . .

Click to Enlarge
tn_2012223195728_DSC06628.jpg

60.21 KB

Bill: Roger that.

John: Like Jim said, it's fairly common. You can typically eyeball the intake- and flue-pipes and know whether they're correct. If a finished basement is involved, you can put a hand on the draft hood horizontal-vent-termination ports when the furnace is fired to see what's up.

There have been some recent threads about sizing furnaces and ductwork, and other installation nuances. I was reminded of those threads when I saw the draft hood in this photo.

There's one way to do it correctly, and one way to do it wrong and, almost predictably, the schmuck got it wrong.

Do I want THIS installer telling me how large my furnace should be, and how the ductwork should be configured? hahahahahahahaha . . . . . .

Click to Enlarge
tn_2012223195728_DSC06628.jpg

60.21?KB

I never have liked the looks of those things,the fact that most of the ones Ive seen lean to one side or the other doesnt help any! [:-censore