reno pics

Whimpy little truck bed got filled up quick.

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif P1240610.JPG

1611.93 KB

Interior pic before demo.

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif P1240611.JPG

170.14 KB

Dump was closed due to Easter so the rest of the crap piled up on the ground.

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif P1240652.JPG

1698.27 KB

Had to get a bit innovative with some of the blocking tasks due to existing duct work.

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif P1240643.JPG

1578.99 KB

The 2x8 on its side goes under the edge of the hardwood in the hall and is glued, screwed and end nailed with 12D.

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif P1240644.JPG

1507.22 KB

It's toenail screwed and glued at the other side.

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif P1240645.JPG

1585.81 KB

Whoever (I think it was Fabry) suggested I use the Deckmate Torx screws, great advice. I'm never using anything else. No slippage of the bits made the job significantly easier. At the transition to the hardwood in the hall I drilled pilot holes and counter sunk close to the edge so the finish trim will hide the screws.

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif P1240646.JPG

1575.76 KB

Solid as a rock even before the backer board is down. Every edge has a blocking and all glued and screwed every 6-8 inches.

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif P1240650.JPG

1559.06 KB

That looks like hard work, John. Good job.

I have a utility trailer that I built for stuff like that. Keeps my truck clean and ready for inspections.

2) Dump your junk on tarps. When the load reaches 75 lbs, throw down another tarp. Then you rig up a plywood ramp so you can drag the tarps into the truck or better, the trailer.

I put the first load of busted up crap in plastic bags and slid it down the ramp into the truck (wifes truck actually). That made it easy to chuck it out at the dump. The crap on the ground is mostly on top of panels and plywood to make it a bit easier to pick up. I'll put plywood down in the bed and put the loose rubble in first which will make it easier to shovel it out at the dump.

This truck is not my inspectormobile. Here is my inspectormobile. The best vehicle ever made. I just put in a new radiator, evaporator core and heater core. I'm keeping it into the undetermined future. 4.0 inline 6 will go forever when taken care of. I had to replace some rusty brake lines last year. 140k miles is just getting broken in.

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif P1190425.JPG

1672.6 KB

I put the first load of busted up crap in plastic bags and slid it down the ramp into the truck (wifes truck actually). That made it easy to chuck it out at the dump. The crap on the ground is mostly on top of panels and plywood to make it a bit easier to pick up. I'll put plywood down in the bed and put the loose rubble in first which will make it easier to shovel it out at the dump.

This truck is not my inspectormobile. Here is my inspectormobile. The best vehicle ever made. I just put in a new radiator, evaporator core and heater core. I'm keeping it into the undetermined future. 4.0 inline 6 will go forever when taken care of. I had to replace some rusty brake lines last year. 140k miles is just getting broken in.

1672.6?KB

My wife bought a Cherokee new in 99. She drove it 8 years, my son drove it 2 years, I drove it 1 year, my wife drove it 3 more years and three weeks ago my daughter started driving it. Tires, oil, shocks and gas only til now. We love this Jeep.

2000 Plymouth Grand Voyager: (only brand new car I ever [or will] bought)

Ticking over at about 341,000 miles now and still pulling 20 miles a gallon when I measured it a week or two ago.

My butt fits the seat real goooood!

Rebuilt transmission at about 270,000.

7 or 8 years now without a car payment.

Every time I have to spend a couple of hundred on it, I think about a new one and then think about not having a car payment.

Preventive maintenance and vehicle care work well for me.

Click to Enlarge
tn_201241222397_DSC09618.jpg

49.84?KB

1672.6?KB

My wife bought a Cherokee new in 99. She drove it 8 years, my son drove it 2 years, I drove it 1 year, my wife drove it 3 more years and three weeks ago my daughter started driving it. Tires, oil, shocks and gas only til now. We love this Jeep.

If you have not done any cooling system service, IE coolant flush and exchanges, it can plug up the radiator quicker. A plugged radiator can spell death to the engine. Keep your eye on that. Also, check the steel brake line that serves the rear brakes. It runs along the drivers side unibody frame rail. They tend to rust. It can rupture and you'll loose braking ability real quick. I got lucky because mine popped while I was in my driveway just as I was on my way to work. It broke through just in front of the rear tire area.

Other than regular maintenance, those are the main two necessity items I've had to deal with.