Jump to content

What would you call this architectural style?

Recommended Posts

Besides ruined by the brick veneer, and the sloppy roof install, and the two story CMU addition on the back that can't see in the pic.

The soffit and fascia are stuccoed and flow into the wall coating. The foundation is straight between the two bays on the end and there are three 12" glass block skylights set in to a low slope stucco bevel to light the basement. The other end is the same.

The interior that hasn't been remuddled is very mid century minimalist. square shapes, white paint, little or no trim, strip oak floors. My best guess for a build date is the later half of the 50's.

Click to Enlarge

69.24 KB

Link to post
Share on other sites
From the 1920s through 1950, there was the "English Cottage Revival". There are many forms/interpretations/attempts, with the one in your picture being the worst I've ever seen. The roof curves and eyebrows are common details found on thatched cottages.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...