How much is to much?

Robert Jones

Here is an A/C unit installed around 2004. Obviously not level, but... When would you call it? I did mention it to my client and am working the report now. My initial thought is repair is needed.

I call it when I can see it. If it's subtle enough that I can't see it then I don't call it.

Except for Lennox. They actually *require* that the unit slope away from the building at "2 in. per 5 ft"

Pry bar and a couple of bricks? I would say fix it. It shouldn't cause any sleep loss for the buyers or the home owners to fix that.

Be careful with the pry bar. Most of these are made from fiberglass and foam nowadays. They need continuous bearing beneath. If you try to lift them with a pry bar, or perch one corner on a brick, they can break.

Pry bar and a couple of bricks? I would say fix it. It shouldn't cause any sleep loss for the buyers or the home owners to fix that.

Be careful with the pry bar. Most of these are made from fiberglass and foam nowadays.

Wow. Mine are made of steel. Probably a Chinese pry bar sold at Wally World.

Be careful with the pry bar. Most of these are made from fiberglass and foam nowadays.

Wow. Mine are made of steel. Probably a Chinese pry bar sold at Wally World.

My pry bar would probably be a stout 2 X 4 under the concrete pad. But I agree, must do it carefully.