I'm in Leipers Fork, TN, a couple years ago - just outside Nashville, but truly in the boonies. Town is a couple hundred feet long; Scott P. will know about it. Anyway, was in a hoitey-toitey art store and saw this painting by Lassie McDonald Crowder, a local artist. I was spellbound. I couldn't stop looking at it. I could actually picture myself walking around it. Spellbound, and I had to have it. (It was more than I could afford, but heck, life is short.)

Afterwards, when back home, I wrote the artist and told her how I've never really been *touched* by such ever in the past. She called me a week or so later, and I had a wonderful conversation with a southern, soft-spoken lady. She told me where the house was; even farther back in the boonies, and I said next time I visited my daughter in TN, I'd try to find the house. She gave me directions as best she could, and said it's so far off the main road I might have trouble finding it. Lo & behold, one eeire foggy morning a few months later, my wife & I found the house.

It was barely standing, falling apart inside, but one of the neatest houses I've ever seen. No idea on age; could only guess. But it's old. Picts of the outside, the inside, and the painting hanging in my office are below. Hope ya'll feel the way I do.

Click to Enlarge
tn_2012826131657_House%20Exterior%20(2).jpg

57.83?KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_2012826131715_House%20Interior%20(1).jpg

51.76?KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_2012826131732_House%20Painting.jpg

44.72?KB

Pretty old home... It sad to see these old homes falling apart and being forgotten. Leipers Fork TN is an eclectric community that is full of artist, songwriters and musicians if you are ever in the Nashville area it is well worth the time for a visit.

Is that a terne roof?

What would a place like that sell for nowadays?

Honestly, it doesn't look that bad. Do people strip out and renovate places like that?

It's a metal roof; not sure if it's terne metal.

The house is bad; some more picts below. I couldn't go upstairs or in the basement; stairs were mostly gone. Shotgun blasts all over. . .

Click to Enlarge
tn_201282793617_3photo.jpg

46.29 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_201282793632_4photo.jpg

57.43 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_201282793644_10photo.jpg

63.12 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_201282793656_16photo.jpg

45.24 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_201282793710_21photo.jpg

58.27 KB

I would say it was built around 1880 to 1900 based on the design. Most of the middle TN land back at that time was still ravaged from the war of northern aggression. The homes that made it through the war were made from mostly brick or stone with very little wood.

The house is bad; some more picts below. I couldn't go upstairs or in the basement; stairs were mostly gone. Shotgun blasts all over. . .

Yeah....ok. Not so good. Starting with bare dirt would be better.

Nashville is nice; it's a hip little city.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Scott P.

If yer interested, the house is in Nolensville, right across the elementary school on Rocky Fork Road. There's a little dirt road opposite the SE corner of the school property that leads back to the house.

I used google earth, and you can see the really cool & elaborate roof features.

• 3 weeks later...