Jump to content

What kind of vent is this?


Recommended Posts

Don't remember seeing these before. Couldn't reach this side of the attic due to vaulted ceilings and truss work.

Click to Enlarge


Click to Enlarge


Looks like a basic, old fashioned vent jack. If there's no attic space in this area, they might have run an exhaust fan from a bathroom or kitchen to this spot. I have a vaulted ceiling above my kitchen and the range hood vents directly into a jack that's very much like that one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...