Intentional Omissions on NPMA33

My mother's house was inspected the other day. The buyer's inspector from P2P intentionally didn't fill out the section for Recommendation for Treatment. I contacted him and he said he never would indicate No Treatment Recommended on the form. He said it's a liability thing!!

This isn't the first time I've seen a home inspector leave this section blank. Does someone really think that by not filling out the form properly they limit their liabilty! I told him if your'e not confident in your WDI inspecting ability, leave it to someone else. Why do the inspection if you're not going to come to a conclusion.

I'm not sure if this is taught in the H.I. schools, or is a P2P thing.

This stuff really pisses me off; so friggin unprofessional!!

For what it is worth - Most of the actions, I get involved with,"against" home inspectors typically involve the "inspector" trying to limit liability. Usually it is an answer that can be heard as "I don't know - - - - - ".

Around here most inspectors don't do WDI work and leave it to licensed and registered folks.

PS: I stopped limiting my liability abt twenty years ago.

I wonder if it's the same owner who stood in front of a class of about 100 inspectors and, with a straight face declared a fan assisted furnace is considered a Cat III appliance and Cat III appliances are the most used appliance there is; all of this on his power-point presentation that was given out as part of the class.

Yup, Darren & Chris. I spoke with David and he says that not filling out a NO on the form will save you from liability. I asked him if he talked to anyone from the NJ Pest Management Association to confirm his recommendation. He said No. I told him straight out it's unprofessional.

I told him he's better off teaching his students that if they're not confident enough with WDI inspecting ability, to let a PCO do it.

I wonder if it's the same owner who stood in front of a class of about 100 inspectors and, with a straight face declared a fan assisted furnace is considered a Cat III appliance and Cat III appliances are the most used appliance there is; all of this on his power-point presentation that was given out as part of the class.

Three days ago I walked out of a session he was 'teaching' at a conference in Atlantic City. I figured my time would be much better spent walking the boardwalk.

[i

Three days ago I walked out of a session he was 'teaching' at a conference in Atlantic City. I figured my time would be much better spent walking the boardwalk.

Yep; right after that class was over, I had to run to where Kenny Hart had the furnaces set up just make sure I was thinking clearly.

Oops, Risk Management Case Studies is one of the ones I blew off.

Kenny Hart is always good, as is Gerry Aubrey, but I've seen their presentations several times.

I wasn't going to go, but after I received a 20% discount code from America's Call Center, along with the $60 a night room rate, I figured it was too cheap to pass up. Of course, you get what you pay for. It was what I thought it would be - an extended pitch to a captive audience for COA Support and the Homeowners Network. It wasn't a total loss; at least I got to see this really cool light and sound show:

[utube]

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344">