When you Think your Job Sucks

"I Hate My Day Job"

When you have an "I hate my job day," try this.

On your way home from work stop at your pharmacy and purchase a rectal

thermometer made by Johnson and Johnson (make sure you buy this brand).

When you get home, lock your doors, draw the curtains and disconnect the phone so you will not be disturbed. Change into very comfortable clothing and lie down on your bed. Open the package and remove the thermometer.

Now, carefully place it on the bedside table so it will not become broken or chipped. Take out the literature and read it carefully.

You will notice that in small print there is a statement, "Every rectal thermometer made by Johnson and Johnson is personally tested."

Now close your eyes and repeat out loud five times:

"I am so glad I do not work for quality control at Johnson and Johnson."

HAVE A NICE DAY AND REMEMBER, THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE ELSE WITH A JOB THAT IS WORSE THAN YOURS.

I think one of the very worst "regular" jobs in the world has to be a telemarketer making cold calls. I always try to be polite at first, just in case the person on the other end really didn't have a choice. I'll say "No thank you" twice, then if they won't drop it I hang up. If they aren't going to be polite, I'm not either. What a crappy job. Maybe Hell is really just one giant telemarketer "boiler room", and all of the bad boys and girls have thier name on a seat there....[:-dev3]

Brian G.

Telemarketing Sucks [:-yuck] [:-timebm] [xx(]

Trash pickup is one of the suckiest jobs out there. I did it for 2 weeks post-HS. Hanging on the back of a trash truck is brutal. Especially in winter.

To this day, when I put my trash out, I 'balance' the loads (not too much in one barrel) and make sure the handles are pointing to the street.

I remember long ago running to a barrel once and finding it half-filled with concrete pieces..

Another funk-job I had for a few months was picking up and delivering dictation equipment for doctors offices, law firms and morgues...yep morgues.

I had to return one of these machines to a path lab at Harvard Medical School here and knocked, got a 'come on in' and found 'my client' working on some guy's head that was now dismantled on the counter. Deeply dismantled..The brains were 'out of the case' as they say. Those bits of funk on the pedal of the dictation machine I was carrying may have been BRAINS..! (These are those foot-operated machines for the morgue...like on TV...the pedal is on the floor...Ooops... ).

The job on the bottom of my list was when I was trying to support my young family while going to college. I bagged grocery's and wrangled shopping carts in a Randall's supermarket in Houston Texas during the summer. Also worked on a cattle ranch during the weekends, running fence lines and what ever my father-in-law wanted me to do for $5 an hour!

Next on the list would be selling life insurance and collecting payments for insurance on what was called a "Debit Account".

If a person needs to make money, you can find a job. It might not be the best but you can keep food on the table and shoes on the feet.

My absolute 'worst' job was telling a fellow musician he was 'out of the band'. I don't know why, but it fell to me to do this a number of times. The worst time was to tell a Berklee College of Music" grad to scram. He graduated but couldn't 'play'... Not fun. Worse than any other thing I've ever done.

When a guy spends family cash to get a music degree but 'sucks' as a 'player' (isn't one), it is 'huge' to be told "you are being fired because you can't 'play'..".

Hurts, but must be done to get the band going...