Indiana: Meth Contaminated Home

Nolan Kienitz

Meth is bad in TN as well.. Even after the state enacted restrictions(drivers license is scanned and you are limited on how much you can purchase over the year) on pseudoephedrine drugs that can be purchased over the counter the amount of Meth labs that are found are still on the rise. Mobile "Shake n Bake" labs seem to the the most favored method. They can do everything inside the trunk of a car, even blowing it up!

The problem with pot being illegal is you end up with billions in tax dollars spent chasing it, hundreds of thousands or perhaps millions of people caught up in the justice system, and no real improvement in society--it's available everywhere, and people still do drugs of all sorts and lots of other bad stuff. I don't buy the gateway thing, either, in fact we're finding out now that pharmaceuticals are the primary gateway to opiate addiction. The myriad public health issues related to alcohol are off the charts and yet it's freely available everywhere.

I don't smoke pot and I take a generally dim view of it when others do, but treating it as a crime is a waste of money and effort.

The problem with pot being illegal is you end up with billions in tax dollars spent chasing it, hundreds of thousands or perhaps millions of people caught up in the justice system, and no real improvement in society--it's available everywhere, and people still do drugs of all sorts and lots of other bad stuff. I don't buy the gateway thing, either, in fact we're finding out now that pharmaceuticals are the primary gateway to opiate addiction. The myriad public health issues related to alcohol are off the charts and yet it's freely available everywhere.

I don't smoke pot and I take a generally dim view of it when others do, but treating it as a crime is a waste of money and effort.

That's right. When the local PD arrests a person for drinking too much they are almost always combative and uncooperative. When they arrest a person for smoking pot they are calm and cooperative. If you have any cop buddies just ask them. If pot is a gateway drug I know guys who have been going through the gate for 30 years and never fell into the narcotic pool.

Is this thread overly religious or political now?

I report it as pot growing in the XYZ, or remnants of what looks like a pot grow operation. Only found a couple in my entire career.

The issue can't be discussed intelligently until my generation dies off. Too many old cranks that still buy into the Reefer Madness view, or some other variant that skews the discussion into all sorts of silly areas.

If pot is a gateway drug I know guys who have been going through the gate for 30 years and never fell into the narcotic pool.

The biggest problem is that the folks who understand the least about it, are the first to try to lump weed into the same category as opiates, and alcohol.

People don't lie, cheat, steal, lose everything they own, and their jobs, because of a physical addiction to pot. They don't suffer withdrawal or hangovers after the fact.

Another problem is that scientists admit they have a very hard time accurately testing someone. It just isn't the same for everyone and unlike alcohol, where you can blow double zeros after a nights sleep, pot can be in your system for 30 days.

But hey, forget about the facts. That kid was wasted when he got out out of the sprint car and got hit, right? Right???

As I mentioned in an earlier thread, I've had the recent misfortune of learning first hand about how opiates can destroy relationships and lives. Not fun stuff. I spent quite a bit of time educating myself about the damage opiate addiction can do. They change brain chemistry. Sometimes, permanently. Opiate addiction is the single biggest problem with drugs in this country. These people can't choose to stop. It doesn't work that way.

Forget about wasting money on helicopter fuel for easy pickins.

It's a joke. Elections are won and lost by officials who either turn their heads from the biggest cash crop in the country, or don't. On the other hand, big pharma needs those pills sold, too.

The focus should be on what ruins lives.

Sorry if I'm all over the board with this rant. You guys are smart. I think you can understand where I was going.

We see 10-12 "grow operations" every week in this area. It is legal to grow.

I have seen 40' x 60' pole barns with 4" foam insulation (100%) and enough lights for downtown Denver!

Also, anecdotally, seen dozens of potential buyers walk when they see the evidence of past use of the building or room.

I am not passing judgment, just wondering why an inspector would or would not mention it?

I am working on one of my rental houses that has been used for growing pot. There is enough scrap/residue for an enjoyable few days. Do I just vacuum it up? or should I have the ductwork cleaned?