HI Artography - Seeds

I like the juxtaposition of the built environment vs the living environment. An age-old tale of nature and gravity laughing at the things man makes.

I agree.

It reminds me of when I have areas on my lawn that grass will not grow yet there are tufts of grass emerging from cracks in a sidewalk nearby. Mother Nature giving me the middle finger.

One of the worst parapet sprouters we have in our area is Princess Tree (Paulownia tomentosa). It is sold in those newspaper supplements to suckers who want a tree that grows 8-10' in a single year. Its seeds are each blessed with a little parachute like thistledown.

This location plus the seed evidence makes me think the seed was processed through some animal innards before deposit there, along with the fecal binding agents that kept it till germination. The stems in the pic just look like redbud ones to me.

One of the worst parapet sprouters we have in our area is Princess Tree (Paulownia tomentosa). It is sold in those newspaper supplements to suckers who want a tree that grows 8-10' in a single year. Its seeds are each blessed with a little parachute like thistledown.

This location plus the seed evidence makes me think the seed was processed through some animal innards before deposit there, along with the fecal binding agents that kept it till germination. The stems in the pic just look like redbud ones to me.

Ain't pretty any more.

Kurt, I've had several where I deleted a post but, unknown to me until later, had not successfully deleted. Maybe it was my keyboard stutter.

Marc