Inspecting a property the second time

I am inspecting the same property for a second time. The first time I inspected the property we had gotten almost a foot of snow and then it rained a few days later for a whole day so there was unusual water problems.  I called my original clients who I worked  for a month ago and they said it was okay if I divulge information from the original inspection to my new client.  A good part of the crawlspace was flooded during my first inspection but I suspect water issues will not be the same. I only plan on reporting what I see at the inspection but would you ever mention in the report that you had inspected the property before and what you had seen?  The sellers may have addressed the problems but we shall see.

I always let clients know when I've inspected a home previously. I never share the original report but I always share any important information if needed. I live in a small town and inspect quite a few homes that I have previously inspected over the years. Today's inspection was the third time in 5 years.    

What Jim said.  On a second inspection done 4 years after the first one. I used photos from the first inspection to rule that a previous suspected instability in the foundation was now deemed stable as the number, location and size of the cracks in the brickwork/foundation had not changed in four years.

Edited by Marc

I insist that we disclose we were there before.  It is impossible to forget a previous inspection.  We do not share the report under any circumstance.  Even with the previous client permission.  If someone wants the report go the the person were did it for.

• Like 1