random pics from chgo.

4 hours ago, Mike Lamb said:

#1 is looking from the NW. Old world's fair was southside.

from nw looking SE?  #2 a crotch with handrails!!

I like your window images.  they often seem to be an accurate reflection of what the viewer actually would see and often perceive. 

7 hours ago, Mike Lamb said:

I thought #2 looked like a crotch.

Now that you said it, can't unsee it.  Hey, we don't allow posting of crotch-shots here.

3 hours ago, Les said:

from nw looking SE? 

1 hour ago, Jerry Simon said:

Chimney shadows on rooftop seem to indicate looking north from south side.

The camera is facing southeast, from the 1300 block of W Hubbard.

22 hours ago, Bill Kibbel said:

Now that you said it, can't unsee it.  Hey, we don't allow posting of crotch-shots here.

The camera is facing southeast, from the 1300 block of W Hubbard.

Well you and I agree.  Not being in Chicago has help both of us reach the right conclusion! 

Cool. I'll be there tomorrow. I'm flying into Midway and then a friend is picking me up and we're driving to northern Indiana for a sort of military office reunion. In '77 - '79 four of us were stationed at Camp Red Cloud, Korea together as criminal investigators. Back then, we were famous as "The Fab Four" because we kicked the asses of criminals all around CRC and Uijongbu.

2 hours ago, hausdok said:

Cool. I'll be there tomorrow. I'm flying into Midway and then a friend is picking me up and we're driving to northern Indiana ...

Welcome and enjoy. It will be hot close to 90 everyday with some relief on Mon.

Stay away from downtown Lake Shore Drive-Grant Park which will experiencing Lollapalooza - 400,000 + visitors. Traffic will be tied in knots.

Maybe you can hit some of the wonderful Lake Michigan beaches in NW Indiana. 

On 8/3/2023 at 1:28 PM, Mike Lamb said:

Welcome and enjoy. It will be hot close to 90 everyday with some relief on Mon.

Stay away from downtown Lake Shore Drive-Grant Park which will experiencing Lollapalooza - 400,000 + visitors. Traffic will be tied in knots.

Maybe you can hit some of the wonderful Lake Michigan beaches in NW Indiana. 

Thanks,

We went to a couple places to eat when we got back from Indiana. Lots of good food in ChiTown!

I  just noticed your reference to Red Cloud and recall my time there was with electricity only three hours a day!  Cap Casey was the center of civilization.  I still shake my head when I think of you and I being in the same places whilst in the Army.*

*fifteen years apart! 

That must explain the Korean-American teenagers I saw when I was there in the late 70's who resembled you, Les. LOL

Seriously though, it was a good time. One of the guys I met last weekend stayed in Korea after he retired and worked for the Army as a GS civilian. He was actually in charge of the team that closed down Red Cloud and turned it over to the Koreans. If you check google earth now, it's disappeared from the satellite view (100% trees) but not from the street view. Apparently, the South Koreans are doing hush hush things there now.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

• Haha 1