Jump to content

Hose bib requirement

Mike Lamb

Recommended Posts

Is there a legit coded requirement that hose bibs be installed at the front and back of residential housing? Or is it required that any hose bibs needs to be installed at all? I am finding a recommended reference from American Legal Library but I don't know who they are or what jurisdiction they have if any.

   The following provisions, to be added to the OBOA/CABO One, Two and Three Family Dwelling Code, are hereby recommended for the Seven Hills Building Code:
   (a)    Two exterior hose bibs or sill cocks shall be installed on each residence one on front wall, one on rear wall, each provided with accessible stop cock or valve. Each hose bib or sill cock shall be protected by a listed and approved "back flow preventer" or vacuum breaker to prevent any water flow into the potable water (drinking water) supply system.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it was added in the 2006 IRC but subsequently removed - not sure when.  I suspect any reference to that requirement is now an amendment by specific state or municipality.  The quote above looks like a suggestion for that amendment to the Seven Hills, OH code.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...