New mould web site w/TONS of photos

Hello Gents –

Seems to have been a bit quiet lately. To help address mould and fungi related issues, I have put up a new web site with tons and tons of photos of mould and fungi in indoor settings. I will be adding to the page as time goes on. The new page is located at:

http://forensic-applications.com/moulds/habits.html

Cheers!

Caoimhín P. Connell

Forensic Industrial Hygienist

www.forensic-applications.com

(The opinions expressed here are exclusively my personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect my professional opinion, opinion of my employer, agency, peers, or professional affiliates. The above post is for information only and does not reflect professional advice and is not intended to supercede the professional advice of others.)

AMDG

Originally posted by Caoimhín P. Connell

Hello Gents –

Seems to have been a bit quiet lately. To help address mould and fungi related issues, I have put up a new web site with tons and tons of photos of mould and fungi in indoor settings. I will be adding to the page as time goes on. The new page is located at:

http://forensic-applications.com/moulds/habits.html

Cheers!

Caoimhín P. Connell

(The opinions expressed here are exclusively my personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect my professional opinion, opinion of my employer, agency, peers, or professional affiliates. The above post is for information only and does not reflect professional advice and is not intended to supercede the professional advice of others.)

AMDG

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

You're a breath of fresh air on this topic. I wish that more people would follow your lead and approach the topic of mold in the home with a calm, intelligent and informed approach.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Thanks Caoimhin,

When I meet new entrants to home inspection, one of the things I have to offer them is a list of definitive authorities. Your name is on the list and I make sure they can spell it as well.

What you've published has kept many folks doing what they should be doing...home inspections. That's a very important contribution and a worthy achievement.

Originally posted by Scottpat

Very nice.

For some reason I don't see that lab in Florida (Pro---) putting this link on their site!

Thanks you

Which one is that? ProNot?

I took one of their all day seminars. Biggest waste of my time and money ever. Wrote letters to all involved the next day... No response from anybody.

Slight drift....

Are there any NACHI members reading this?

I think someone needs to apologize to Caoimhín for the personal attack by your 'leader' over on your board.

It's a shame when someone tries to explain things and gets beaten up because other people can't comprehend.

Step up people.

Darren

www.aboutthehouseinspections.com

Hi Caoimh?,

You know, there's a bunch of good 'ol boys (contractors mostly) over on the building science forum at the Journal of Light Construction Online (http://www.jlconline.com) who could use a dose of your common sense. I moderate that forum and over the years have been worn down by some of them to the point where now I practically never contribute to the conversations and mostly simply edit out the name calling and rude posts. Stop on by.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Hi Gents!

Thanks for the positive comments.

Hello Mike!

Thanks for the invite. Right now my plate is really full.

Regarding the personal attacks by some NACHI guys, I'll say this - as an outsider, I have met a TON of Home Inspectors from NACHI, ASHI, AHI, and then some independents. I have been a speaker at both NACHI and ASHI chapter meetings.

Always, you guys (on both sides of the NACHI/ASHI certification issue), the ones in the trenches, have ALWAYS been very professional, very polite, and even when we disagree face to face, very civil and respectful (and I hope I have reciprocated).

Based on the emails and personal correspondences I have received from NACHI members, they are embarrassed and apologetic for the remarks of some of their membership. Although they need not be, since none of us can ever be held accountable for the actions of others.

Cheers!

Caoimhín P. Connell

AMDG