Powerpoint

Chad --

If you're looking to create presentations , you can download Openoffice.org suite. It's free.

Openoffice.org Impress is very similar to Powerpoint, and you can even save your presentations in Office 97/ 2000 / XP formats.

It works very well.

And, I think I may have mentioned before, it's free.

eediteed for speelin

Chad,

I had to learn--portions of, anyway--Powerpoint for a class I taught a couple of years ago. I don't know if it's the best way, but I used Microsoft's online manual/tutorial. It's slow going, but it walks you through the different aspects necessary for assembling a presentation.

What Richard said.

or, just click on a PowerPoint presentation file and it should bring up MS PowerPoint, unless you have a "slideshow viewer" installed as the default.

It should look like this:

2007216175928_ppt.jpg%20

or it may have some tool bars near the top. If there aren't any tool bars, place your curser on the top bar that lists File, Edit, View, etc., right click and select some tool bars. Then, play around with some of the tools to create and edit presentations.

Originally posted by Chad Fabry

I can run a power point presentation just fine. The mouse clicking required for that is well within my skillset.

I need to buy the program and learn how to create

and edit presentations with some degree of proficiency as soon as possible.

What's the best way to achieve this goal?

Find a New Horizons Learning Center and sign up for one of their classes. You'll learn a lot fast.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Hi Chad:

I know my way around PowerPoint. If you'd like, I can help you out if you need something done quickly. Drop me a note at tjmccann"at"alltel.net.

If you have Office 2003 there's no need to update your software as PowerPoint 2003 will do some pretty robust presentations. As far as learning, nothing beats a trip to your local Boarders Books to look for a "Everything you wanted to know about Powerpoint" book.