moisture under manufactured home

jodil

Where to start. Ok, manufactured home is on a 2acre parcel that I happen to know flooded so bad last year that the contents of the septic tank were sitting on owners lawn and cat tails were growing in her garden. The sellers built a small retaining wall, in my opinion not adequate enough... But thats not the issue....

Under the house the soil is black like potting soil. Not common soil for around here. Its very wet and we havent had any rain at all. This 5 year old home is completely rusted underneath, including anything not plastic or copper...

They are getting a separate foundation inspection from an engineer.

SO, my question is, what am I to report on and recommend? I know this sounds like a stupid question, but am I to make note of the soil conditions? Rusting?

thanks

John pretty much has it. I report anything I find that a client might want to know about, which I take to be anything I would want an HI to tell me about if I were the potential buyer/client. Some people will get mad at you occasionally about stuff like this, but they won't be your client.

Brian G.

Full & Total Disclosure, Always [:-thumbu]

Originally posted by kurt

.....have certified hairdresser look at it, etc.

Funny you should say that. Before licensing came in here there was a hairdresser/home inspector in a town 20 miles away. No kidding. [:-banghea

Brian G.

One-Stop Shopping: Perms and Property Inspections [}:)]