Pump for mound system

Phillip

Could someone tell me what this pump does? It was running all the time I was there. It is part of a mound system.

Image Insert:

200863017575_HPIM0840.jpg

144.88 KB

Image Insert:

2008630175754_HPIM0843.jpg

158.92 KB

Image Insert:

2008630175829_HPIM0842.jpg

65.51 KB

Image Insert:

2008630175919_HPIM0848.jpg

126.31 KB

Image Insert:

20086301809_HPIM0849.jpg

157 KB

Image Insert:

200863018046_HPIM0850.jpg

82.44 KB

Thanks

Originally posted by inspecthistoric

It's an air pump. It injects air into an "aerobic" waste treatment tank.

I got some time and I goggled "nayadic" and that what it is. First time I had seen the pump.

At the web site it said there is a setup where there is a way to set it in one of the containers. That may be the reason I haven't seen one.

When I lived in Mississippi I use to see treatment systems all the time due to all of the clay soil and the lack of percolation. Now that I'm in TN I almost never see them due to the rocky conditions and the good percolation of the soil. I'm a big fan of treatment plants.

It also looks like they might have a lift station/grinder pump. That box on the side of the house with the green light. It is either that or an alarm for a effluent storage tank. Do you know if that is what it is?

Originally posted by Scottpat

It also looks like they might have a lift station/grinder pump. That box on the side of the house with the green light. It is either that or an alarm for a effluent storage tank. Do you know if that is what it is?

Being a mound system I would go with the lift station/grinder pump.

I am not sure which one it is.

This is one thing I have no problem telling my clients to get checked by someone that knows about the system.