Should I call this out?

gtblum

"The UPC does not explicitly approve AAVs, except under the provisions for Alternate Materials and Methods in 301.2." (code check) As you can see, this was not an afterthought,and appears to have been installed to prevent siphoning. So is it Junk or not? [:-dunce]

Image Insert:

20087601458_blum1.jpg

39.01 KB

Image Insert:

20087601535_blum2.jpg

37.11 KB

#1 re-size your photos to be no more than 100kb or so. people with dial up will be dead before the photo loads.

#2 You should " call it out". It's a mechanical vent, not an AAV. The only place mechanical vents are acceptable is mobile homes.

#3 The AAv must be at least 4 inches higher than the weir (water line) of the trap

#4 The vent should be installed vertically

#5 The P trap is upside down

#6 All the Ells are vent ells, not waste ells

The whole things could be described as 'there is nothing correct about the installation'

If you are using Windows XP, Power Toys Image Resizer is probably the best way. It's a free add on from Microsoft. You can read about it and download it from the link below. Once you learn the features, it's a snap. You can do any number at a time or even an entire folder if you want.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/usin ... lman2.mspx

I bet your camera has settings also. I would start by changing the camera settings. Do you really need 3mb pictures? Knock that down to a lower setting (1mb max). Then, experiment with those sizes on the Powertoys utility.

In the utility, the options will allow you to either resize the originals, or copy and resize the originals. If you do the copy route the utility will name the new pictures like this:

pic1 (1)

You will need to rename these before posting them to the forum as the format will not accept spaces or special characters like ( ).

Play around with it for a while and you'll figure it out.

Originally posted by John Dirks Jr

Can someone post some pictures showing the difference between waste ells and vent ells?

I agree.. I think a quick tutorial here would be a good refresher exercise for the group. Any good pics out there to show the difference b/w the two?

Here's a comparison photo of one manufacturer's (Genova) PVC vent and sanitary elbows.

Image Insert:

20087701223_ventells.jpg

37.81 KB

The ones in Gary's photos actually look more like the sanitary ells rather than the vent type.

But talking about those photos, Chad mentioned the AAV has to be a minimum of 4" above the weir (and vertical). That's correct, but it would still be wrong as long as the take-off is that lower wye. Air has to be admitted at the trap arm level either by teeing off the trap arm itself or from above the connection to the vertical drain.

Image Insert:

2008770294_AAVinstalloptions.jpg

43.76 KB

Any configuration other than those two is probably wrong.

If you are using Windows XP, Power Toys Image Resizer is probably the best way. It's a free add on from Microsoft. You can read about it and download it from the link below. Once you learn the features, it's a snap. You can do any number at a time or even an entire folder if you want.

Hey John ,

That worked perfectly. Thanks again

Originally posted by gtblum

Hey John ,

That worked perfectly. Thanks again

No problem but thank Kurt. He is the one who turned me on to it a few months ago.