Safety Reverse & Garage Doors

FWIW, I had a second client tell me (in the last 12 years) that they had a dog killed by an overhead garage door. (I had another client tell me their teenaged son was pinned under a door and the fire dept. had to come, but I'm a dog lover.)

This person told me there were photo-electric beams but they were installed too high and his pup was crushed. Most specs require 4" - 6" from the floor.

Originally posted by hausdok

Hi Mike,

Yeah, there's a long article in here someplace that I wrote on that very subject a number of years ago.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Thanks. I tried some searches and am coming up with this:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e31'

Timeout expired

/forum/search.asp, line 393

Originally posted by Mike Lamb

FWIW, I had a second client tell me (in the last 12 years) that they had a dog killed by an overhead garage door. (I had another client tell me their teenaged son was pinned under a door and the fire dept. had to come, but I'm a dog lover.)

This person told me there were photo-electric beams but they were installed too high and his pup was crushed. Most specs require 4" - 6" from the floor.

About once a week, customers tell me about how their cat or a cat owned by someone that they know got killed by a garage door.

I recommend fixing the eyes anyway. . .

- Jim Katen, Oregon